Cifas marker need urgent help

Watch
Tejay_91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So about a year ago my account was closed for first party fraud.this was my Halifax account so I then opened a monzo account but Halifax sent me a letter saying my account would be closed in 60 days which also lead to my monzo account being closed. Since then I have been bank less. I have looked through so many forums and none of them have been useful to me as I have tried to open a basic account with metro bank and Yorkshire building society. I have tried starling bank, monese and Cashplus all have rejected me and I have no idea where to open a bank account now and I am going to uni in a few months so anyone who is going through a similar or has going through what I’m going through please help me if you can. You
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sounds a bit like a bank account isn't going to be an option.
Ceeceex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m surprised monese declined you as they aren’t actually a bank. Your only options are to try revolut and pockit.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ceeceex)
I’m surprised monese declined you as they aren’t actually a bank. Your only options are to try revolut and pockit.
Monese & Revolut are both CIFAS registered, Pockit doesn't immediately seem to be. The fact it's a cat 6 CIFAS won't help, these places might not be banks but they don't want dumped with fraud debt either.
Last edited by StriderHort; 8 months ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Tejay_91)
So about a year ago my account was closed for first party fraud.this was my Halifax account so I then opened a monzo account but Halifax sent me a letter saying my account would be closed in 60 days which also lead to my monzo account being closed. Since then I have been bank less. I have looked through so many forums and none of them have been useful to me as I have tried to open a basic account with metro bank and Yorkshire building society. I have tried starling bank, monese and Cashplus all have rejected me and I have no idea where to open a bank account now and I am going to uni in a few months so anyone who is going through a similar or has going through what I’m going through please help me if you can. You
You won't be able to access any banking facilities for the foreseeable future: any accounts you attempt to open will be either declined immediately or closed once the bank finalises its checks.
Ceeceex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Monese & Revolut are both CIFAS registered, Pockit doesn't immediately seem to be. The fact it's a cat 6 CIFAS won't help, these places might not be banks but they don't want dumped with fraud debt either.
Ohhh I didn’t know they was, Hm I guess he’s only option would be a credit union account.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ceeceex)
Ohhh I didn’t know they was, Hm I guess he’s only option would be a credit union account.
Good chance they'll check too tbh, they do in my city, plenty of places use CIFAS, not just banks, all financial services really, insurance, lending, retail. Some categories of CIFAS are only really relevant to certain sectors, but 1st party fraud will be of interest to all of them realistically.
Tejay_91
Rep:
?
Funnily enough I tried those two and they have worked only bad thing is that I have to pay for them but then again it’s my own fault that I have to pay for them
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Tejay_91)
Funnily enough I tried those two and they have worked only bad thing is that I have to pay for them but then again it’s my own fault that I have to pay for them
You didn't mention that initially? If you've already opened not one but two alternative accounts, then what's the problem? :confused:
Tejay_91
Rep:
?
You didn't mention that initially? If you've already opened not one but two alternative accounts, then what's the problem? :confused:
The day I posted this is when I was able to open the account
taybahfaisal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi did you apply for a pockit account? Also will your student finance be able to go into it?
nene2468101214
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You won't be able to access any banking facilities for the foreseeable future: any accounts you attempt to open will be either declined immediately or closed once the bank finalises its checks.
I have a Revolut and I have a cifa marker so they don’t check cifa markers
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nene2468101214)
I have a Revolut and I have a cifa marker so they don’t check cifa markers
Remember not taking action isn't the same as not checking, they are a member of Cifas and it won't be for the fun of it.
nene2468101214
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Remember not taking action isn't the same as not checking, they are a member of Cifas and it won't be for the fun of it.
And how do you know they are a member of cifa
nene2468101214
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
They use a kyc system not a cifa database check
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
And how do you know they are a member of cifa
Handy Members list
nene2468101214
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But it also says

Handy Members list
But it also says student loans use cifa database aswell but they said it doesn’t impact wether you get student finance or not so Revolut is the same all banks have different criteria
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But it also says

But it also says student loans use cifa database aswell but they said it doesn’t impact wether you get student finance or not so Revolut is the same all banks have different criteria
..which is pretty much what I said in the first place? Honestly not sure what point you are trying to argue?
nene2468101214
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
..which is pretty much what I said in the first place? Honestly not sure what point you are trying to argue?
Who’s arguing i just said I have a cifa marker and I got a Revolut lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads