The Student Room Group

Applying Masters with a 2:2?

Hi, I want to apply for MSc in London.
Currently I’m a final year student studying BEng Mechanical Engineering at University of Bath and expected to get a 2:2. I want to know whether any universities in London will accept me.
Original post by thanaruj
Currently I’m a final year student studying BEng Mechanical Engineering at University of Bath and expected to get a 2:2. I want to know whether any universities in London will accept me.

Hi there!

It all depends on their entry requirements, have a look on their websites and see what it is they will accept. If you need higher than a 2:2 then perhaps call them up and see if their is any room for negotiation based on your experience in the industry you are wanting to go in to.

Hope this helps!

Hi :hello:

Whilst most universities say that they require students to have gained a 2:1 or above in an honours degree, applications for master's degrees are reviewed on a case by case basis. Therefore, some universities may still accept you.

I would recommend, if applying with a 2:2, to really strengthen your personal statement with relevant work experience or volunteering. Make sure you also show passion for what you want to study, as some universities want to know that students would really value being able to study with them.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Melissa :five:

You'll have to Google different universities in London to see what their entry requirements are. I quickly Googled Brunel and they accept a 2:2 for their advanced mechanical engineering MSc, for example.

But if you haven't actually achieved a 2:2 yet, you should try and get a 2:1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending