Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone, I recently received an offer at LUMS, im deciding between grizedale and cartmel. cartmel has catered option but is a bit of a trek whereas grizedale is much closer to management school but does not have the option of being catered.

I heard cartmel has a bad rep and particularly more international students than other colleges, is that true?

Anyone from here is also attending courses at LUMS this september?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello everyone, I recently received an offer at LUMS, im deciding between grizedale and cartmel. cartmel has catered option but is a bit of a trek whereas grizedale is much closer to management school but does not have the option of being catered.

I heard cartmel has a bad rep and particularly more international students than other colleges, is that true?

When my daughter was at Lancaster a few years back, Cartmel was the college with a lot of international students.

From what I have seen of the accommodation on campus, I would choose Grizedale or County - you can always pay to eat at Cartmel or one of the other food outlets on campus if you end up at a non catered college
Last edited by harrysbar; 2 weeks ago
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hello,
I'm currently a student at Lancaster so I think I can help!
- You're able to catered at Cartmel, County and Bowland
- You can get catered in virtually any college with the Freedom/Freedom+ scheme which you can read about here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/eat/discounts/freedom/
- Although you'll be studying in LUMS, in first year especially, you will be based all across campus and not just in Management School!
Cartmel does have a reputation of being a quiet college and does have a lot of international students (it's near graduate college but does not have graduates in it).
Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (393)
58.74%
Yes- I don't like it (35)
5.23%
No- I want it (195)
29.15%
No- I don't want it (46)
6.88%

Watched Threads