Cerelle poll Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey,
I am 17 And have been on the Cerelle pill for 5 weeks. I’ve already started having sleepless nights, nightmares, night shakes and overall insomnia during the night.
I’ve always had illregular periods and have never been on time or I’m any order. However since starting Cerelle I’ve been on twice with heavy periods, cramps, headaches, nausea and body and joint pain. This is rare for me as I’ve never really had to deal with this, being quite lucking in my periods in the past. Although I originally went on in the hopes I would stop my periods all together as I used to get them either 3 in one months or nothing at all for 4 months.
I am buying my boyfriend a trip away for his birthday in April, and I really hope I’m not on because I don’t want to ruin the time there by not being able to do anything.
Is there any point staying on this pill ? As I am good at taking it at the same time and have only been 30 mins late a couple of times.
I don’t know if I just stop taking it unless there is a possibly I will have stopped by April.
Thanks JM
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,
I am 17 And have been on the Cerelle pill for 5 weeks. I’ve already started having sleepless nights, nightmares, night shakes and overall insomnia during the night.
I’ve always had illregular periods and have never been on time or I’m any order. However since starting Cerelle I’ve been on twice with heavy periods, cramps, headaches, nausea and body and joint pain. This is rare for me as I’ve never really had to deal with this, being quite lucking in my periods in the past. Although I originally went on in the hopes I would stop my periods all together as I used to get them either 3 in one months or nothing at all for 4 months.
I am buying my boyfriend a trip away for his birthday in April, and I really hope I’m not on because I don’t want to ruin the time there by not being able to do anything.
Is there any point staying on this pill ? As I am good at taking it at the same time and have only been 30 mins late a couple of times.
I don’t know if I just stop taking it unless there is a possibly I will have stopped by April.
Thanks JM
it might get better in time but there's no guarantee, speak to your doctor about whether changing to a different one could be beneficial
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,

Thanks JM
It can take your body up to 3 months to get used to the pill, and usually side effects do subside. However, yours seem quite extreme so I recommend going back to your GP and asking to try a different pill.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (336)
60.65%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.23%
No- I want it (150)
27.08%
No- I don't want it (39)
7.04%

Watched Threads