IsaacXue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, I completed my application on the last day of January, 2020. Anyone else applied and is willing to share their updates please?
My BG:
3 year Bachelor in Finance from Unimelb with GPA 75.5/100 from University of Melbourne;
1 year Honours Degree from Monash University major in Finance with First Class Honours awarded, GPA 80/100, Dean's Honours List;
Currently finishing Juris Doctor Degree at University of Melbourne
3 internship experiences (1 bank, 2 at a pharmaceutical company)Language Exempted, No GRE provided
Plz also share with me your feeling as to my chance to get in if you want.
Best luck to everyone!
Last edited by IsaacXue; 1 year ago
fulmine99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I applied for MPhil in Finance in December. I received a conditional offer in January.

My BG:

Currently in my final year for BSc in Theoretical Physics at a top 5 UK uni (best of the year).
I did a couple of financial mathematics courses, econometrics projects and a startup.
1 internship at IBM and a few physics research experiences.

No GRE provided.

Good luck to everyone!
All the best.
ramh22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IsaacXue)
Hi guys, I completed my application on the last day of January, 2020. Anyone else applied and is willing to share their updates please?
My BG:
3 year Bachelor in Finance from Unimelb with GPA 75.5/100 from University of Melbourne;
1 year Honours Degree from Monash University major in Finance with First Class Honours awarded, GPA 80/100, Dean's Honours List;
Currently finishing Juris Doctor Degree at University of Melbourne
3 internship experiences (1 bank, 2 at a pharmaceutical company)Language Exempted, No GRE provided
Plz also share with me your feeling as to my chance to get in if you want.
Best luck to everyone!
I applied in late December and still haven't received anything. I'm also applying from Australia, but yeah not sure what's going on. Did you receive a response yet?

Also, my application is still on "under review by department", has yours progressed?

Edit: It appears that the application progresses through those stages after you receive a conditional offer, and it seems that most of them, if you're not short listed, are sent out in early march (at least thats what I saw looking at the 2017 thread).
Last edited by ramh22; 1 year ago
username5197440
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Anyone else heard back? I think at this point it’s an implicit rejection
IsaacXue
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by ramh22)
I applied in late December and still haven't received anything. I'm also applying from Australia, but yeah not sure what's going on. Did you receive a response yet?

Also, my application is still on "under review by department", has yours progressed?

Edit: It appears that the application progresses through those stages after you receive a conditional offer, and it seems that most of them, if you're not short listed, are sent out in early march (at least thats what I saw looking at the 2017 thread).
Have not heard from them yet. I check portal every morning and its still under review.
kshvov
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Anyone applied for mphil Fin & Econ? It's taking way too long...
Rai17Black
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Any news guys ?
ramh22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rai17Black)
Any news guys ?
I progressed to the GAO stage today, which I'm pretty happy with. Anyone else had any news?

Also, check your portal because they didnt send me an email when i progressed
Last edited by ramh22; 11 months ago
Rai17Black
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Congratz; that means you will get an offer. Still, no update for me; been checking hehe
Last edited by Rai17Black; 11 months ago
username5197440
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well - congratulations are in order! Did you apply to the MPhil/PhD track?
Rai17Black
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Econ1997 any news from you?
username5197440
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Econ1997 any news from you?
No - but I guess it’s an implicit rejection because I applied end of November
Rai17Black
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by econ1997)
No - but I guess it’s an implicit rejection because I applied end of November
Not sure I understand; as they said the longer it takes you have better chances. A lot of people that applied before and after November already got rejections. I wouldn't worry, or if you want you can email them (it has been more than 12 weeks).
username5197440
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Not sure I understand; as they said the longer it takes you have better chances. A lot of people that applied before and after November already got rejections. I wouldn't worry, or if you want you can email them (it has been more than 12 weeks).
I emailed them; no reply received. I honestly do not know what’s taking them so long. I think it’s because I applied to the MPhil/PhD track.
Last edited by username5197440; 11 months ago
username5197440
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah that definitely could be it - I just applied for the straight mphil.
This is weird. I had some contact with the Person of Interest over email - they asked me questions about my coding skills etc. but after my reply they never emailed me back. So I guess that’s a bad sign. However, we will see...I am going to give them another week and then will call them.
ramh22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This is weird. I had some contact with the Person of Interest over email - they asked me questions about my coding skills etc. but after my reply they never emailed me back. So I guess that’s a bad sign. However, we will see...I am going to give them another week and then will call them.
That actually sounds really promising, I haven't been contacted at all yet. Interesting they were asking about coding skills
Rai17Black
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I emailed them; no reply received. I honestly do not know what’s taking them so long. I think it’s because I applied to the MPhil/PhD track.
Yea makes sense if you applied for MPhil/PhD to take longer. Still I wouldn't worry too much and would give them a call soon as possible.

I did not have any contact so far, but I've applied late.
username5197440
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
That actually sounds really promising, I haven't been contacted at all yet. Interesting they were asking about coding skills
I actually contacted them to know if they were supervising students. But I don’t know, the wait has simply been insane!
kshvov
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Got progressed to GAO yesterday for mphil Fin & Econ
ramh22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kshvov)
Got progressed to GAO yesterday for mphil Fin & Econ
Nice, which colleges did you apply for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed