Experience with University of Tokyo Professors Watch

ArminEghdami
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to do my PhD at the University of Tokyo and have already been in contact with some professors in the area of Biophysics/Condensed Matter Physics there. From personal experience though I know that the lab's website doesn't always tell the whole story about the personality of the professor and whether he's pleasant to work with or not.

I therefore wanted to ask if there is anyone here that has studied in similar fields at the University of Tokyo and could give me some suggestions about which PIs are student favourites and which ones I should better stay clear of.

Thank you very much for your help!
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ArminEghdami)
I want to do my PhD at the University of Tokyo and have already been in contact with some professors in the area of Biophysics/Condensed Matter Physics there. From personal experience though I know that the lab's website doesn't always tell the whole story about the personality of the professor and whether he's pleasant to work with or not.

I therefore wanted to ask if there is anyone here that has studied in similar fields at the University of Tokyo and could give me some suggestions about which PIs are student favourites and which ones I should better stay clear of.

Thank you very much for your help!
Im ngl I think you'll struggle to find this info as you really need to have spoken to other PhD students who work with the exact supervisors in your subject, its just too tight a subject to refine too.

Best bet imo is just to email a couple potential supervisors, see if it 'feels' a good fit, and ask them if they can provide you an email addressee to a current or recent PhD student they work with... this shouldn't be a problem imo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (369)
67.21%
No (180)
32.79%

Watched Threads