Abu2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What topics do you think students drop the most marks in or which ones do you find particularly hard in A level Physics?
Chxrlix
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For me personally, electric and magnetic fields. Always found them difficult
emilybond:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chxrlix)
defo electric and meganetic fields and em induction
Abu2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by emilybond:))
defo electric and meganetic fields and em induction
Definitely going to revise all of fields but is that the only topic that you find difficult?
Chxrlix
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Abu2020)
Definitely going to revise all of fields but is that the only topic that you find difficult?
Personally yes, other than practicals were slightly tricky for me to remember
robertoooo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah last year I absolutely hated electricity but I got the hang of it now, I thought electromagnetism and all that was awful but I pulled 85% in the end of topic test today, I think fields generally are the hardest but with enough revision they can't be too hard.
emilybond:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I would say i also think some of the mechanics is tricky but that's only because I don't do maths lmao
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by emilybond:))
I would say i also think some of the mechanics is tricky but that's only because I don't do maths lmao
Same
Abu2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Personally yes, other than practicals were slightly tricky for me to remember
Yeah particles are difficult cause most of it you have to accept as fact but hopefully, I'll be fine using the mind maps and flashcards I made for them.
Charlie101998
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Good god I hated astrophysics. I just found it so boggling. Plus, the sheer size of some of the answers always made me doubt them.
Abu2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by robertoooo)
yeah last year I absolutely hated electricity but I got the hang of it now, I thought electromagnetism and all that was awful but I pulled 85% in the end of topic test today, I think fields generally are the hardest but with enough revision they can't be too hard.
Yeah electricity is actually hard. I revised it for the mocks and didn't even get a single mark. What did you do to help you understand it better?

Also how did you revise electromagnetism because we finished it last week and I barley understand transformers or the magnet falling through solenoid problem (Lenz's law).
robertoooo
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yeah electricity is actually hard. I revised it for the mocks and didn't even get a single mark. What did you do to help you understand it better?

Also how did you revise electromagnetism because we finished it last week and I barley understand transformers or the magnet falling through solenoid problem (Lenz's law).
It looks really hard but when u get it u realise it’s just the same thing every time - for electricity I never really struggled with resistivity because that’s just putting things into an equation, but just make sure u know all the kirchoff’s laws, and apply p=iv or v=ir and u can almost always figure it out. And I still gotta brush up on electromagnetism tbh that **** is hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed