Metropolitan police - Eyesight eligibility Watch

Natinup
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Good afternoon,I want to send my application as a volunteer for the metropolitan police. I have noticed distance vision should be 6/36 without lenses. However when I did my eyesight test they gave me the results /10... (4.75/10 left and 4.25/10 right).I have looked up every to find an equivalent /36 but no luck.Who Could help me to find out if I am eligible in this instance before I decide to go further?Thank you !
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Do you have it in printed version, There are no such measurements as what you showed (Well there are, they mean you have vision much better than normal, but it is very unlikely).
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Go get an eyesight test specifically for it. The 6/36 being referred to are for visual acuity using the the Snellen chart scoring system in metric. (If you were American, it'll be about 20/100). Eye prescription aren't given in visual acuity as that doesn't help in fitting the correct glasses. It's not possible to translate one number to another. Just make sure when you're having your new eye test, you explicitly mention you want a score on the Snellen scale.

If you're only interested in an estimate to see if it's worth exploring further, you can always print out a Snellen chart online, stick it on a vertical wall at eye level, work out how far back you need to stand and then measure that distance for your own test.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (3)
42.86%
No (4)
57.14%
Don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads