Hit a Pothole HELP! Watch

FionaFiat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was driving at around 5 -10 mph whilst I was coming out a junction and hit a pothole, could this have caused any damage to my car and/or damaged my tires or wheel trims?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Since you're hopefully home rather than messaging on here while driving, why don't you have a look?

If you didn't hear any scraping or crunching, and the car didn't behave weirdly on the way home, you're probably okay.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by FionaFiat)
I was driving at around 5 -10 mph whilst I was coming out a junction and hit a pothole, could this have caused any damage to my car and/or damaged my tires or wheel trims?
Yes.
FionaFiat
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
Since you're hopefully home rather than messaging on here while driving, why don't you have a look?

If you didn't hear any scraping or crunching, and the car didn't behave weirdly on the way home, you're probably okay.
I’ve checked and there are a few scuffs but I’m unsure if they may have been there before. I didn’t hear a scraping but felt a small bump when I went in the pothole.
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve checked and there are a few scuffs but I’m unsure if they may have been there before. I didn’t hear a scraping but felt a small bump when I went in the pothole.
Well if it's at worst some superficial damage, and you drove it home okay then you're probably alright. Just be more careful in future.
FionaFiat
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
Well if it's at worst some superficial damage, and you drove it home okay then you're probably alright. Just be more careful in future.
I done a google street view, found the post hole and it looks very small, hopefully it never caused any damage
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I done a google street view, found the post hole and it looks very small, hopefully it never caused any damage
Looking at your car in person now is a far better way to assess the damage to your car than looking at what might have been the pothole you hit on the internet from 5 years ago.
LTEcactus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Also listen out for knocking noises from your suspension
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads