Emilia_bxxxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jdogg2342)
I received Overall score
General Comments
Outstanding Demonstration not exactly sure what that even means but was for BFO belfast docks but was offered a different role to what I applied for they sent me new details for executive border force officer to me sounds exactly the same position.. 🤔 So waiting on email to say pre employment checks are complete but really cautious about giving notice to my current employer as I was told not to until final checks are done but it's like July an I can't just leave my job immediately without proper notice
I saw somewhere in other thread that people in same position were given minimum 4 weeks notice.
Emilia_bxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I received Overall score
General Comments
Outstanding Demonstration not exactly sure what that even means but was for BFO belfast docks but was offered a different role to what I applied for they sent me new details for executive border force officer to me sounds exactly the same position.. 🤔 So waiting on email to say pre employment checks are complete but really cautious about giving notice to my current employer as I was told not to until final checks are done but it's like July an I can't just leave my job immediately without proper notice
When did you apply?
Jdogg2342
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emilia_bxxxx)
I saw somewhere in other thread that people in same position were given minimum 4 weeks notice.
Oh really 😕 well if it's meant to be It won't go by me, tho I really want to accept the offer an venture a new career as been doing my current job 19 years but guess I have to make the right decision
Jdogg2342
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When did you apply?
Around February 2019 Emilia
mcclorp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I received Overall score
General Comments
I have never heard of a executive BFO I know it’s an executive officer. Maybe it was an Assistant Officers job you regionally applied for and they then give u the executive officers post
Jdogg2342
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mcclorp)
I have never heard of a executive BFO I know it’s an executive officer. Maybe it was an Assistant Officers job you regionally applied for and they then give u the executive officers post
Not to sure just applied for front line border force officer in Northern Ireland belfast docks then got the email
Border Force Officer - External - Frontline Congratulations on your provisional offer for this role.

Please note that the job description will be different to the role you originally applied for. Please see attached the job description, along with the terms and conditions.
Border Force Officer
Grade- Executive Officer BFO
Contract type Permanent -
Business area - Home Office - Border Force
Type of role
Operational Delivery
Working pattern
Full-time
Emilia_bxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh really 😕 well if it's meant to be It won't go by me, tho I really want to accept the offer an venture a new career as been doing my current job 19 years but guess I have to make the right decision
Same boat, I work for an airline (you can imagine the current climate) for a long time and I’m considering taking voluntary redundancy but I guess I won’t hear in time. I’ve always wanted to do this job, but I was (still am😂)foreign citizen.
Jdogg2342
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same boat, I work for an airline (you can imagine the current climate) for a long time and I’m considering taking voluntary redundancy but I guess I won’t hear in time. I’ve always wanted to do this job, but I was (still am😂)foreign citizen.
Aw I really hope they contact you with the news you want 🙏I used to do years ago central search at Belfast International but was zero hours contract so wasn't great progress, then I currently work for ministry of defence but my role is just boring and a permanent brick wall to get over in terms of a career so I am ready to move on, I really hope that you get the job you want 😊
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not to sure just applied for front line border force officer in Northern Ireland belfast docks then got the email
Border Force Officer - External - Frontline Congratulations on your provisional offer for this role.

Please note that the job description will be different to the role you originally applied for. Please see attached the job description, along with the terms and conditions.
Border Force Officer
Grade- Executive Officer BFO
Contract type Permanent -
Business area - Home Office - Border Force
Type of role
Operational Delivery
Working pattern
Full-time
Hi no it’s an executive officer role still the same job you have applied for that’s brilliant good news I would love Belfast as I’m from Northern Ireland but I have to go to U.K. unfortunately
Jdogg2342
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi no it’s an executive officer role still the same job you have applied for that’s brilliant good news I would love Belfast as I’m from Northern Ireland but I have to go to U.K. unfortunately
Oh really, my wife would divorce me if I went away lol, well maybe if another position arises over here you could maybe transfer, do you know any more information regarding training duration an location etc and what sort of monthly basic income we'd be on just want to make the right decision and not quit my current job if its going to be a major pay decrease
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh really, my wife would divorce me if I went away lol, well maybe if another position arises over here you could maybe transfer, do you know any more information regarding training duration an location etc and what sort of monthly basic income we'd be on just want to make the right decision and not quit my current job if its going to be a major pay decrease
Training was always done in mainland like Heathrow Gatwick etc, however the Belfast docks got an new office building so you could possibly be completing training at your port. The training will be Customs, PST 3 and a dock awareness course I think in total 5 or 6 weeks completes it. Salary you will definitely not be decreasing lol good wages with your AHA on top, however no night duties as yet at docks. I think the money is better at airport because of the nights shifts
Jdogg2342
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Training was always done in mainland like Heathrow Gatwick etc, however the Belfast docks got an new office building so you could possibly be completing training at your port. The training will be Customs, PST 3 and a dock awareness course I think in total 5 or 6 weeks completes it. Salary you will definitely not be decreasing lol good wages with your AHA on top, however no night duties as yet at docks. I think the money is better at airport because of the nights shifts
Thanks so much for the info no matter how much I searched online I could not get any answer, flip that would be amazing if training was over here as my wife is pregnant with twins and due late October lol so would be a god send if that was the case, aye I ain't a clue about that AHA etc that's why I was paranoid would I be taking a pay cut, really want to take this career and try go as far a possible sounds so interesting so fingers crossed 🤞 dunno what stage I'm at but my m8 told me they contacted him for a reference last week so hopefully hear something soon
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks so much for the info no matter how much I searched online I could not get any answer, flip that would be amazing if training was over here as my wife is pregnant with twins and due late October lol so would be a god send if that was the case, aye I ain't a clue about that AHA etc that's why I was paranoid would I be taking a pay cut, really want to take this career and try go as far a possible sounds so interesting so fingers crossed 🤞 dunno what stage I'm at but my m8 told me they contacted him for a reference last week so hopefully hear something soon
At least you received a provisional offer I’m still waiting lol
Jdogg2342
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At least you received a provisional offer I’m still waiting lol
Hopefully it comes soon as these lock downs are easing up, I applied for this like last February near gave up hope then got the email lol
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully it comes soon as these lock downs are easing up, I applied for this like last February near gave up hope then got the email lol
My interview was feb 20 so been nearly 5 months I’m hoping it comes soon
Stferr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MarcJ89)
I think 28 or 29, You? I’m hoping with restrictions lifting we’ll all have some movement soon, fingers crossed.
I got 28 strong demonstration what location you apply for
Are these scores from your online CSJT ?
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Stferr)
Are these scores from your online CSJT ?
Yes interview overall
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone had a Skype interview
Emilia_bxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone had a Skype interview
Nope, it was an online interview, bit not Skype
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope, it was an online interview, bit not Skype
I’m dreading it never had one before
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (40)
23.81%
Better than expected (38)
22.62%
Worse than expected (90)
53.57%

Watched Threads