The Student Room Group

IUD implant

Hey, I’m on the Cerelle pill Currently and I really want to get off it
Does the implant stop your period for definitely or is it up to your hormones like the pill
Also will I be able to get it done at my local GP or is there a certain way to do this ?
Original post by Jessinxa
Hey, I’m on the Cerelle pill Currently and I really want to get off it
Does the implant stop your period for definitely or is it up to your hormones like the pill
Also will I be able to get it done at my local GP or is there a certain way to do this ?

so i had the nexplanon implant for 3 years, just got it removed yesterday afternoon (expired at the end of feb so got it done now).

It was the best decision ive ever made, it stopped my periods for 2 and half years and towards the end of it i started getting my monthly periods again.

I got mine done from my local gp, and it took not even 5 mins to put in. You could get it done through a sexual health clinic but its up to you. i was more comfortable doing it in a familiar place and my gp did it.
Up to your hormones. I think it’s quite common with Mirena. Kyleena makes them lighter and the copper one either the same or heavier. I had to go book an appointment at a sexual health clinic to get an iud

Quick Reply