a man was taking photos of me on the bus, what should I do? Watch

StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AhmerM)
Why not? What's wrong with someone who just joined. Is their opinion any less than the opinion of someone who joined say 2 months ago? (unless of course you are referring to their understanding of the forum rules / etiquette - in which case you may have a point!)
Yes, that basically, frankly this site has a huuuuge trolling problem, new users are sadly often treated with suspicion until they've survived a while.

I didn't say anything unsupportive to the OP remember, I took issue with someone else trying to be disruptive who is already known for it. So i'll judge where my effort should go in that regard, if the community helpers feel i'm stepping out of line they'll be sure to tell me.
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by AhmerM)
I am sorry that you had to experience this. No female should feel insecure when going about their daily life.
Thankyou I went out yesterday and I was going to wear a dress (it was for a meal) but then I remembered what happened and ended up wearing jeans and a jumper. I hope it will prevent anything else happening, even though I just want to wear what I want
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by CharChar2106)
report it to the police and bus company even if there wasn't any cameras and talk to someone about it
I told the bus company and they said there's nothing they can do since I have no evidence of what he looks like.

(Original post by 04MR17)
Twat him over the head with your largest copy of the Oxford English Dictionary.

On a serious note I'm really sad to read this and sorry that you went through it
thankyou <3

(Original post by the bear)
keep an eye out for this pervert. he is probably a local. take a picture of him & show the police. they will look at his phone & computer etc.... let's just say his hard drive won't be full of Bake Off recipes
Okay! if I see him again I'll try and take a photo of him!
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by princess770)
Hey
You should have told the bus driver cuz the problem should have been sorted quicker. Plus you should maybe contact the bus company and tell them the situation.
I would have but he was standing next to the bus driver area so, I would have to walk past him and he would have heard me the bus company said they can't do anything without evidence.

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
You should have moved as soon as you were aware. Yes you were afraid but there is nothing else you can do. Creepy *******
yeah maybe

(Original post by RogerOxon)
Sorry that you went through this - it does sound worrying.

I would suggest filming them, so that you had evidence of what they were doing. You could provide this to the Police, although, unless they're a known sex offender, I wouldn't expect them to do much.
thankyou, yeah my mum told me I should have took a photo of his face and true.

(Original post by karelina)
She was scared and froze. If she had moved he probably would have kept on filming anyway.
yeah, that's true, I did freeze and my mind went blank
Kyxng
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If it were me I’d have started on him realistically... but I’m a man so confronting other men is not something I’d fear doing, I can see how it would differ for a female despite their outrageous claims of being equally physically strong.
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyxng)
If it were me I’d have started on him realistically... but I’m a man so confronting other men is not something I’d fear doing, I can see how it would differ for a female despite their outrageous claims of being equally physically strong.
yeah, women are scientifically physically weaker than men. nevermind a girl.oh well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads