IDK123896796
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I am currently in my second year of a sports and exercise degree. I wanted to know if anyone has already done them and what they are doing now and where could I possibly work in the future. Also, is there anything I should know?

Is it possible for me to work in a sports club (preferably football but wouldn’t mind tbh) if so what job would I be able to get.
All responses welcome, thanks for all the help.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by IDK123896796)
I am currently in my second year of a sports and exercise degree. I wanted to know if anyone has already done them and what they are doing now and where could I possibly work in the future. Also, is there anything I should know?

Is it possible for me to work in a sports club (preferably football but wouldn’t mind tbh) if so what job would I be able to get.
Hi there,

Hope that some people doing a similar course get in touch soon.

In regards to where this degree can lead in the future you might find the following link useful - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...ercise-science

It is really important that you start building up some work experience in sports and exercise to help your employment prospects when you graduate, getting involved in community sports teams, local leisure centres and football clubs on a voluntary basis would be a good place start. You may also be able to find online volunteering opportunities using www.do-it.org.

You can also chat live with a careers adviser through the National Careers Service for free between 8am-10pm 7 days a week - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/webchat/chat/

Good luck with everything and please feel free to get back in touch with us on TSR with further questions.

Thanks - Sophie.
Llyr88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by IDK123896796)

I'm a Sport Science grad and continued to do a MSc in Sport Science as well. Now I'm doing a PhD and teaching Sport Science at university. I have also worked as a personal trainer and rugby coach for a number of years before continuing on with an MSc. Neither of those roles required me to have a university education, although it certainly helped and having a degree opens up doors into graduate job roles that may not be on your radar at the moment e.g. corporate management, recruitment, etc.

A Sport Science degree is a very malleable degree, you can shape it to align with your desired career path. If working in a sports club is your objective then enrol on sports management modules or other modules that would be beneficial. Additionally, and I can't stress this enough, make the most of extracurricular opportunities. Demonstrating your skills through other roles e.g. treasurer of a sport club, work experience, etc really boosts your employability in given roles.

Other job roles which I know Sport Science grads to go into include:
Banking (particularly if you're good at biomechanics and have basic progrmamming skills).
Robotics (again a biomechanics orientated job)
Rugby coach
Recruitment Consultant
PE teacher

Hope that helps
IDK123896796
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
h

(Original post by Llyr88)
I'm a Sport Science grad and continued to do a MSc in Sport Science as well. Now I'm doing a PhD and teaching Sport Science at university. I have also worked as a personal trainer and rugby coach for a number of years before continuing on with an MSc. Neither of those roles required me to have a university education, although it certainly helped and having a degree opens up doors into graduate job roles that may not be on your radar at the moment e.g. corporate management, recruitment, etc.

A Sport Science degree is a very malleable degree, you can shape it to align with your desired career path. If working in a sports club is your objective then enrol on sports management modules or other modules that would be beneficial. Additionally, and I can't stress this enough, make the most of extracurricular opportunities. Demonstrating your skills through other roles e.g. treasurer of a sport club, work experience, etc really boosts your employability in given roles.

Other job roles which I know Sport Science grads to go into include:
Banking (particularly if you're good at biomechanics and have basic progrmamming skills).
Robotics (again a biomechanics orientated job)
Rugby coach
Recruitment Consultant
PE teacher

Hope that helps
Thanks so much for your reply. I am going to some more research to help me figure out what i want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.84%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.87%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.05%

Watched Threads