wherethemangoos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I just wanted to know what is this about and how am I aupposed to do it if I do it. I ve heard you gotta do volounteering, which I ve already done. I'd like some insight on the programme. I have half a year to do any of it, I ve heard something about gold being longer, so what do you recommend? Do universities take it into account?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by wherethemangoos)
Hi, I just wanted to know what is this about and how am I aupposed to do it if I do it. I ve heard you gotta do volounteering, which I ve already done. I'd like some insight on the programme. I have half a year to do any of it, I ve heard something about gold being longer, so what do you recommend? Do universities take it into account?
Google the Duke of Edinburgh award, the website will tell you everything
veronaaimee15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It is very good and useful. I would recommend it. I did it through my guides( Girlguiding). But I am sure uni would take it into account!!!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Your whole post reeks of 'is it something I can do to get more CV points for a university application'. If this is the case, I strongly advise you not to proceed with it. Unis don't give a stuff about it - the only reason to do it is because you want to do it, and think you will enjoy the challenge.
wherethemangoos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Your whole post reeks of 'is it something I can do to get more CV points for a university application'. If this is the case, I strongly advise you not to proceed with it. Unis don't give a stuff about it - the only reason to do it is because you want to do it, and think you will enjoy the challenge.
Haha thx, but since Im enhancing voluntary work because I love helping people, specially stray dogs, and I want to get some work experience, as well as do some new stuff, I thought I might use this to my advantage.
wherethemangoos
Rep:
?
(Original post by veronaaimee15)
It is very good and useful. I would recommend it. I did it through my guides( Girlguiding). But I am sure uni would take it into account!!!
What do you mean by "guides". Sorry Im at a lost.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Haha thx, but since Im enhancing voluntary work because I love helping people, specially stray dogs, and I want to get some work experience, as well as do some new stuff, I thought I might use this to my advantage.

Have you volunteered with the Dogs Trust or a local animal shelter? I'm guessing you probably have...
wherethemangoos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)

Have you volunteered with the Dogs Trust or a local animal shelter? I'm guessing you probably have...
Yeah, I have.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That's not how this works.

How old are you and where are you (roughly)?
wherethemangoos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
That's not how this works.

How old are you and where are you (roughly)?
I am 16 years old and I live in Spain.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I am 16 years old and I live in Spain.
It's a UK-based scheme, I don't think you can get involved.
wherethemangoos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
It's a UK-based scheme, I don't think you can get involved.
There are literally millions of people doing it around the world in many countries. I know people here who are doing the "golden" one.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There are literally millions of people doing it around the world in many countries. I know people here who are doing the "golden" one.
https://www.dofe.org/
wherethemangoos
Rep:
?
https://intaward.org/about/the-award/
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So why waste our time asking about it if you already know?
veronaaimee15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What do you mean by "guides". Sorry Im at a lost.
Its girlguiding.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Don't do it; it has changed since it began and tends to be a 'tick-box' these says - universities aren't looking for it specifically. Choose your own volunteering; this is much more valuable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed