The Student Room Group

Have your say: Can I go to university with a BTEC?

Here's where you can post a comment about our Can I go to university with a BTEC? article.

Read the full Can I go to university with a BTEC? article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Reply 1
I currently do a BTEC level 3 diploma and I am hopefully going to uni in September if I can get a merit in media, Its great for someone like me to be given the chance to go to uni after not doing great in my GCSE’s after studying so hard over the last 2 years of college. I am getting good grades and it just shows anyone who didn’t do great that education is for everyone and that you can get somewhere even after failing most your grades at school.
(edited 4 years ago)
Of course you can, but you can’t get onto highly competitive courses at some universities
Whoever is going around saying that you can't go into university without a BTEC are foul and just trying to botch people's chances. I went to university with a BTEC and I had no problems. Maybe written tests I've had an issue here and there but practical work, not a problem. People were depending on me but I try to be nice to them and not hoard the skills I got from college, so I helped them. Unfortunately whose who did A-Levels did have an issue with the practical work but because someone like myself with a BTEC was there, I was able to help them and be humble about it, as I did my part of the work.

University courses are designed to mix in people's skills to learn from one another until the end of the course, so everyone could get more or less the same high standard grade they worked towards with the experience seen when they attend university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending