artemis_g
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have currently applied to both Uni of Leeds and Uni of Lincoln but I am struggling to decide on which to go
What do you think is the best choice?
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by artemis_g)
I have currently applied to both Uni of Leeds and Uni of Lincoln but I am struggling to decide on which to go
Leeds. Is higher in rankings.
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by artemis_g)
Hi there!

I am a student rep for the University of Lincoln and am currently in my 4th year! I would personally go on more than just rankings because Lincoln and Leeds are very different. But if you want to look at rankings, Leeds has gone down a place from last year (10th to 11th) and Lincoln has gained 5 places (22nd to 17th). Lincoln is gaining more credit every year and it has been amazing to watch this university grow over the 4 years I have been here.
Lincoln is a city campus but it is just on the edge of the town centre so everything is close by. Lincoln is a small city so everyone I know that has studied here has felt safe and secure while they are here. There is a lovely marine in the middle of town and the edge of campus which is lovely in all weathers and full of restaurants and bars. Leeds on the other hand is a larger city and in my opinion a lot more 'concrete'. But it is up to you what you prefer!
Have you been to any open days? They are a great way of looking around in a no pressure environment and gives you the chance to go to the specific areas you will be studying and look around.
Lincoln has a similar campus to Leeds in the sense that it is all together in one area compared to across the city.
You really need to see them to judge them for yourself and meet your potential lecturers, if you don't like them then you might not enjoy your degree as much!

Any other questions please let me know!
Lexy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (369)
67.21%
No (180)
32.79%

Watched Threads