Paying for prescriptions? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm a uni student in full time eduction and ive just been prescribed antibiotics, i go the the pharmacy and they ask if i have to pay??? I say no im at uni and they say that "16, 17, 18 and in full time eduction" doesnt include uni students?

Is this true? im so confused.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You are entitled to free NHS prescriptions if you are aged 16-18 and in full time education- whether school, college or uni.
My friend is 18, a full time uni student in his 1st year of undergrad and has not had any problem collecting his free prescriptions from the pharmacy.

It might be easier for you to pay, then apply for a HC2 certificate along with a full refund of the antibiotic costs.
Once you have it you just show it and it is proof that you are are automatically entitled to free NHS prescriptions for as long as the certificate is unexpired.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a uni student in full time eduction and ive just been prescribed antibiotics, i go the the pharmacy and they ask if i have to pay??? I say no im at uni and they say that "16, 17, 18 and in full time eduction" doesnt include uni students?

Is this true? im so confused.
If you are 18 and doing a full-time university course then you are entitled to free prescriptions. If you are 19+ and doing a full-time course then you have to pay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (339)
60.43%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.17%
No- I want it (153)
27.27%
No- I don't want it (40)
7.13%

Watched Threads