Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Currently a second year student. Was just wondering id there were any tips on improving grades from high 60s to 70+. Done ok in recent assignments although I want to know what extras could be done to boost grades. (Obviously on top of essay feedback)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Currently a second year student. Was just wondering id there were any tips on improving grades from high 60s to 70+. Done ok in recent assignments although I want to know what extras could be done to boost grades. (Obviously on top of essay feedback)
what has your feedback been?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello

You could do the following:

- Look at the feedback you have right now, see what trends pop up. Could it be that you are losing marks due to spelling, punctuation or grammar? It could be your referencing or other small issues that can be remedied very quickly.

- Speak to someone. If you talk to your tutor you can have them explain about the content itself, they might explain where there are flaws in your arguments or research. In addition to this you can speak to a writing mentor or academic helper and get some one to one help about an essay.

- Are you doing enough? It might be that you are leaving too little time for your work or not planning it out well enough. Giving yourself more time to complete it and then check over it means you are able to keep on chipping away at issues within the essays or submissions.

I hope this helps!

Patrick :lep:
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It really depends on the type of assignments and where your losing your marks? can you provide any more info...

Getting firsts is about consistently excellent work, no obvious flaws high standards cover to cover, surpass the expectation set for students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (346)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.24%