gracewakefieldd
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
What is your name
What are you hoping to study
What are your interests
And was this your preference or have you been allocated?
Lydia.Mx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by gracewakefieldd)
What is your name
What are you hoping to study
What are your interests
And was this your preference or have you been allocated?
Hi, I'm Lydia!
I have applied for Geography (BA)
My interests are musical theatre, I am also obsessed with crime TV shows & This Country haha.
Butler was my preference - I just really loved the feel of it & its surroundings, plus everyone seemed very friendly! However, I'm not sure if I am going to put Durham as my firm or insurance yet but thought I would say hi anyway!
Last edited by Lydia.Mx; 9 months ago
Hannahfitzgibbon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi I'm Hannah!
I have applied for BSc Geology
My interests are sports, I've been a competitive gymnast since I was 5
I chose butler because I liked the idea of self catering and I loved the feel of it. It felt so open and welcoming on the open day and I didn't feel that with some of the other colleges.
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lydia.Mx)
Hi, I'm Lydia!
I have applied for Geography (BA)
My interests are musical theatre, I am also obsessed with crime TV shows & This Country haha.
Butler was my preference - I just really loved the feel of it & its surroundings, plus everyone seemed very friendly! However, I'm not sure if I am going to put Durham as my firm or insurance yet but thought I would say hi anyway!
Hi Lydia! I’m struggling whether this is going to be my firm too!!
username5064508
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm Henry, applying for Chemistry (MChem) and I chose Butler as my preferred college.
Sorry for being boring but I mostly just read and play instruments, sports isn't really my kind of thing!
I also quite like cooking, so JB being self-catered suits me just fine! I'm not much of a social person so I liked the ensuite aspect of Butler, but at the same time I enjoy the opportunity to try new things besides sports, so I was drawn to Butler's reputation for having a lot of societies and clubs.
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
(Original post by HRobson_BMC)
I'm Henry, applying for Chemistry (MChem) and I chose Butler as my preferred college.
Sorry for being boring but I mostly just read and play instruments, sports isn't really my kind of thing!
I also quite like cooking, so JB being self-catered suits me just fine! I'm not much of a social person so I liked the ensuite aspect of Butler, but at the same time I enjoy the opportunity to try new things besides sports, so I was drawn to Butler's reputation for having a lot of societies and clubs.
Hi Henry,
Reading is not boring! Reading is the best thing ever (no bias even tho I’ve applied for lit) I like the self catering aspect too.
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
(Original post by fitz02)
Hi I'm Hannah!
I have applied for BSc Geology
My interests are sports, I've been a competitive gymnast since I was 5
I chose butler because I liked the idea of self catering and I loved the feel of it. It felt so open and welcoming on the open day and I didn't feel that with some of the other colleges.
Hi Hannah!
I love watching gymnastics, however I am flexible as a plank of wood. I haven’t actually visited the college as I did an open application but this sounds promising!
Hannahfitzgibbon
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Hannah!
I love watching gymnastics, however I am flexible as a plank of wood. I haven’t actually visited the college as I did an open application but this sounds promising!
Hi,

I really liked it on the open day, so I'm sure you'll like it if you decide to put it as your firm, what other universities are you considering?
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
Hi,

I really liked it on the open day, so I'm sure you'll like it if you decide to put it as your firm, what other universities are you considering?
I’m stuck between putting UCL or Durham as my firm. I’ve applied for English Literature, my name is Grace
Hannahfitzgibbon
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m stuck between putting UCL or Durham as my firm. I’ve applied for English Literature, my name is Grace
Argh they're both good choices, I was stuck between St Andrews and Durham for some time but Durham's a little closer to home so I'm likely going to firm it. Going to go on a post offer day just to make sure though
Lydia.Mx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Lydia! I’m struggling whether this is going to be my firm too!!
Ahhh where else are you between? Its so hard to make a decision!
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
Argh they're both good choices, I was stuck between St Andrews and Durham for some time but Durham's a little closer to home so I'm likely going to firm it. Going to go on a post offer day just to make sure though
Me too! What day?
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lydia.Mx)
Ahhh where else are you between? Its so hard to make a decision!
UCL or Durham🧐
Hannahfitzgibbon
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Me too! What day?
I'm hoping to book on one of the residential ones in March when it opens. What about you?
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
I'm hoping to book on one of the residential ones in March when it opens. What about you?
What’s the difference with the applicant days, because I’ve booked on one for February but will I be able to see JoBo?
Hannahfitzgibbon
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What’s the difference with the applicant days, because I’ve booked on one for February but will I be able to see JoBo?
The February ones are just a day visit, so you'll still see the college but not for very long, normally a couple of hours after your academic sessions I think and the March ones are residential so you can stay over night at butler and experience the college a little more. I think you spend the evening /night of one day at butler and then in the morning you go to your academic sessions before going home, hope this helped
gracewakefieldd
Rep:
?
The February ones are just a day visit, so you'll still see the college but not for very long, normally a couple of hours after your academic sessions I think and the March ones are residential so you can stay over night at butler and experience the college a little more. I think you spend the evening /night of one day at butler and then in the morning you go to your academic sessions before going home, hope this helped
Omg really? Thank you so much!!! I’ll definitely be doing that (you are a lifesaver!)
znedd1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello everyone, and congrats on getting to Butler!

I'm Ned, and I am a first year Natural Sciences student here at Butler College.
If you have any questions about the College, about the visit days, or about Durham in general, feel free to ask!
Hannahfitzgibbon
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Omg really? Thank you so much!!! I’ll definitely be doing that (you are a lifesaver!)
You're welcome! Glad I could help
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
They are very different cities - I would think you'll know when you visit whether you prefer a smaller collegiate vibe or the big city vibe of UCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise