The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham university - Josephine Butler 2020 offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracewakefieldd
I’m doing it the 23/24, I’m confused I haven’t been charged. Should I have been?

Hi! I’m also doing the 23/24 :smile: I was charged around £46 for it I believe. I sure hope the experience will be worth it! See you there I guess haha
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m also doing the 23/24 :smile: I was charged around £46 for it I believe. I sure hope the experience will be worth it! See you there I guess haha

I’m really confused I haven’t been charged?? Any advice? :smile:
I’m really confused I haven’t been charged?? Any advice? :smile:

Maybe phone up the University? Just to confirm when or if they’re going to deduct you :smile: They’re usually good at sorting everything out or answering inquiries as I’ve had to phone them up before to double check my booking.
Maybe phone up the University? Just to confirm when or if they’re going to deduct you :smile: They’re usually good at sorting everything out or answering inquiries as I’ve had to phone them up before to double check my booking.

Okay thanks 😊
Does anyone know the typical timetable for an English student at Durham?:smile:
hii my name is Haya
I've chosen to read Law LLB at Durham (despite having a maths/science background)
I like everything? idk that sounds silly but I do :smile:
Butler was not my preference, I was allocated
I’m stuck between putting UCL or Durham as my firm. I’ve applied for English Literature, my name is Grace:smile:

Hi! May I ask what your GCSE’s + A- Level predictions were? Congrats!
Original post by joe_oram
Sports and exercise science, wbu?

Geology :smile:
I’m up for that- especially with the whole situation it would be nice to get to know each other
Reply 89
Original post by fifiloumay
Hi, I'm Faye and I've applied for History - I picked Butler mainly because of the self-catering, but maybe a tiny part of that choice was the bar!

Any other History applicants allocated at Butler?

hahaha yeah mine was 90% decided by the bar
Hi,
2 9s
2 7s
And 6 6s
I’m predicted A*A*A*A (A for EPQ) at college:smile:
Hi! May I ask what your GCSE’s + A- Level predictions were? Congrats!

Hi,
2 9s
2 7s
And 6 6s

I’ve also now put Durham as my firm too!!
Hi,
2 9s
2 7s
And 6 6s

Wow that’s incredible! May I ask what A- Levels you are doing? Hoping to be in a similar position next year! (I’m in Year 12)
Wow that’s incredible! May I ask what A- Levels you are doing? Hoping to be in a similar position next year! (I’m in Year 12)

Literature
English Language
Religious Studies
And my EPQ was on capitalism within the independent music scene:smile:
Guys, I have decided to go elsewhere. Hope everyone enjoys Durham!
Hi! I currently hold an AAA offer to study Philosophy at Josephine Butler but was wondering how flexible they usually are with grades? Even though I feel I would have achieved this offer if I had sat exams, now with the new way of assessing grades due to A Levels being cancelled I'm not so sure!

Also, does anyone have any information on how easy it is to change course at Josephine Butler once you get there? Say for example if I went for Music at Durham (which I hold as my insurence choice), how easy would it be to switch to Music and Philosophy joint course?

Thanks in advance!!!
Reply 96
Hi, is there any group chat for Josephine Butler offer holders?
What is your name
What are you hoping to study
What are your interests
And was this your preference or have you been allocated?

Hi I'm berty!
I'm hoping to study English.
My hobbies include filming, true crime and reading (which can be expected with the degree I'm hoypiy to take I guess)
Josephine Butler was my choice because I prefer to cook for myself, the college had an amazing feel to it and honestly it was beautiful !!!
Does anyone know the typical timetable for an English student at Durham?:smile:

I'm not sure but I'd love to know too !!
Hi! I currently hold an AAA offer to study Philosophy at Josephine Butler but was wondering how flexible they usually are with grades? Even though I feel I would have achieved this offer if I had sat exams, now with the new way of assessing grades due to A Levels being cancelled I'm not so sure!

Also, does anyone have any information on how easy it is to change course at Josephine Butler once you get there? Say for example if I went for Music at Durham (which I hold as my insurence choice), how easy would it be to switch to Music and Philosophy joint course?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey! Sorry to randomly jump into this chat! I’m in y12 atm and I’m looking to apply for philosophy this year, with Durham likely to be one of my choices. I hope it’s okay if I could pm you some questions? What i could be doing/reading now to aid my ps, and maybe what you did to end up with an offer from Durham? I’m not too sure how competitive it is at Durham with philosophy :/
thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest