Confident I'm going to fail my exam tomorrow - Foundation year Watch

reeceanthony_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

So I'm currently doing foundation year as a mature student. Not going to get into it, but I had a really difficult start to university last September and still partially ongoing but I've sorted most of it out thankfully. I really got behind in the first few months just not being able to focus at all on studies and dealing with some mental health issues.

I've managed to catch up on core modules and had several exams already which I've passed and I'm super happy about given I got very good marks too! But in order to catch up on the main modules this last 2-3 months, my maths got behind which is 40% of my bioscience in action module. I'm pretty confident I'm not going to meet the qualifying mark % tomorrow. And I don't think I'm capable of reaching out for help now and applying for mitigating circumstances given I've just bottled it all up and just tried to deal with it. And I don't think I'm eligible to apply anyway.

Does anyone know if there's a high chance they'll just give me a resit in the summer given my other modules are all doing well? Hope you can help. Been stressing like a mad man lol.

Best,
Reece
skg1701
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There must be someone you can talk to right? Like a tutor? Perhaps you could sit your exam tomorrow and then afterwards just explain everything to them. It might not look the best, especially since you waited so long but at the moment that's probably the best you can do.
reeceanthony_
Rep:
?
(Original post by skg1701)
There must be someone you can talk to right? Like a tutor? Perhaps you could sit your exam tomorrow and then afterwards just explain everything to them. It might not look the best, especially since you waited so long but at the moment that's probably the best you can do.
100% going to sit the exam tomorrow regardless if I fail or not. If I don't turn up then I know it would look 10x worse. But will try speak to my tutor immediately after. And being honest, I thought I could catch up like I did my other modules in the same amount of time, but overlooked the amount of content. Just been overwhelmed and I feel like when I catch up with 1 module, another falls behind. Been like this since November when I got almost 7 weeks behind on studies :/
reeceanthony_
Rep:
?
(Original post by skg1701)
Oh and thank you for your reply!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by reeceanthony_)
Hi everyone,

So I'm currently doing foundation year as a mature student. Not going to get into it, but I had a really difficult start to university last September and still partially ongoing but I've sorted most of it out thankfully. I really got behind in the first few months just not being able to focus at all on studies and dealing with some mental health issues.

I've managed to catch up on core modules and had several exams already which I've passed and I'm super happy about given I got very good marks too! But in order to catch up on the main modules this last 2-3 months, my maths got behind which is 40% of my bioscience in action module. I'm pretty confident I'm not going to meet the qualifying mark % tomorrow. And I don't think I'm capable of reaching out for help now and applying for mitigating circumstances given I've just bottled it all up and just tried to deal with it. And I don't think I'm eligible to apply anyway.

Does anyone know if there's a high chance they'll just give me a resit in the summer given my other modules are all doing well? Hope you can help. Been stressing like a mad man lol.

Best,
Reece
Ask your tutor about extenuating circumstances claims, and whether you would be able to put one in. Sometimes they can be put in retrospectively depending on the circumstances. If not, and you fail the exam, ask them if you get the option of doing a capped resit.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

There's a high chance if you do fail (let's hope you smash it and don't have to!) that it'll be capped at around 40%.
As above, though, try your luck where you can for retrospective extenuating circumstance. It's definitely worth it.

Best of luck and let us know how you're feeling after today!
Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (336)
60.54%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.23%