Why do i struggle so much to move and think Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I dont move very normally. So i have always been had at sports, but i am exeptionally bad compared to others. It takes me a lomg time to get any of my reflexes going and i dont run very fast (which ends up in me having issues as people hate me when im in PE). I also have issues with the speed of my arms (as theyre often a tad slower and feel a bit weak at times) and i talk with a slight stutter and i dont communicate well either (if that adds anything). Sometimes i struggle slightly to follow instructions a bit, in a way it almsot feel like i have an empty head (and a lot if theyre physical - eg: i only learnt how to ride a bike at 9 and to tie my laces at 13, still dont know how to click my fingers) finally sometimes i have very little few ticks with my eyes or arms however these are barely (when i mean barely, i mean im probably the only one noticing) noticable

I honestly hate my body for these reasons. Yes, i can half deal with it however i want to know whats up with my gross motor and locomotor skills and how to fix it so i can finally be normal. Being ‘like this’ in a way affects the way people percieve me and its really sad. Any help is very appriceated xx
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The only way you’re going to sort this is to see your gp
Whilst many of us have medical qualifications here, no one will give you a diagnosis. It’s not the right thing to do.
You need to go to your doctor
Best wishes
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont move very normally. So i have always been had at sports, but i am exeptionally bad compared to others. It takes me a lomg time to get any of my reflexes going and i dont run very fast (which ends up in me having issues as people hate me when im in PE). I also have issues with the speed of my arms (as theyre often a tad slower and feel a bit weak at times) and i talk with a slight stutter and i dont communicate well either (if that adds anything). Sometimes i struggle slightly to follow instructions a bit, in a way it almsot feel like i have an empty head (and a lot if theyre physical - eg: i only learnt how to ride a bike at 9 and to tie my laces at 13, still dont know how to click my fingers) finally sometimes i have very little few ticks with my eyes or arms however these are barely (when i mean barely, i mean im probably the only one noticing) noticable

I honestly hate my body for these reasons. Yes, i can half deal with it however i want to know whats up with my gross motor and locomotor skills and how to fix it so i can finally be normal. Being ‘like this’ in a way affects the way people percieve me and its really sad. Any help is very appriceated xx
Worth popping in to see your doctor. Could be you have something like dyspraxia that makes it hard for your body to coordinate itself.

I'm a bit like that myself. I was always a slow kid (like it just physically took me a long time to do things), always been awful at PE, walk into doorframes more often than I'd like. And some stuff on the more academic side of things too. It's definitely something that's easier to deal with now that I'm more grown up and have more control over my own life. There's stuff I can do, even sporty stuff, that just isn't really covered in school. Sometimes when you're a little out of the box it can be hard to appreciate yourself at school cos it's pretty focused on "normal". Like all the ball sports in PE. Theres way more to sport and being active than that, but when you're at school of you aren't so good with a ball it can feel a bit like you suck at all things movement.

Try not to beat yourself up too much over it. I know it's a big deal right now, but it is something you should cope with better as time goes on. And maybe your doctor can even help improve things for you a bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (346)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.24%
No- I want it (156)
27.23%
No- I don't want it (41)
7.16%

Watched Threads