The Student Room Group

I wanna be skint

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sammylou40
What qualifications do you have to say disregard everyone else’s healthy eating advice?
Deciding yourself that you are the expert isn’t it

Far more qualified than you.
Original post by MohammedBinOmar
Far more qualified than you.

I doubt it
Care to list your qualifications?
I doubt it
Care to list your qualifications?

Do not need to prove myself to you. Just follow my advice if you want to lose weight, that’s it.
Do not need to prove myself to you. Just follow my advice if you want to lose weight, that’s it.

I don’t need to.
If you hold yourself up to be an expert you need to back it up.
Personally I have 33 years of medical experience
I don’t need to.
If you hold yourself up to be an expert you need to back it up.
Personally I have 33 years of medical experience

Sure Sammy. Anyways anyone else who’s reading this follow my advice, I guarantee you that you will lose weight.
Original post by MoonlightRain
Nice click bait luv

It was unintentional 😂😂but thanks lass
Eating the same things every day is boring
Fish, salad fruit and vegetables are all good.
Avoid processed foods and takeaways. Try not to eat white bread, rice and pasta and eat brown instead

I don’t like rice and pasta so I live I off bread loool. Processed foods like what?
Original post by ckatherine
cardio rather than muscle building would help you achieve a thinner look, e.g. swimming, running instead of weights

What should I use in the gym? Treadmill and bike for like 2-4hrs?
Disregard all of their advice.

All you need to know is intermittent fasting. If you want to lose weight eat whatever you want, but I’m your caloric limit, but you should eat healthily to ease the journey.

Did that for months. Caused my disordered eating habits and thoughts. I Ruined my chance coz I’m an idiot
Original post by londonmyst
Probably not.
Pork, duck, goose and beef are the ultimate horror foods to people who subscribe to the "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" ideology.

Omg spot on
Sure Sammy. Anyways anyone else who’s reading this follow my advice, I guarantee you that you will lose weight.

What precisely do you mean by intermittent fasting? :confused:
Are you advocating limited fasting for one specific day a week during certain hours, consecutive fasting for a month (liquids only or no meat/dairy).
Skipping particular meals on a regular basis or living by the 5:2 diet.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t like rice and pasta so I live I off bread loool. Processed foods like what?

Things like burgers bacon sausage, fish fingers, pizza It doesn’t apply to you too much if you don’t eat meat but you should avoid ready meals and eat as much fresh food as possible
What precisely do you mean by intermittent fasting? :confused:
Are you advocating limited fasting for one specific day a week during certain hours, consecutive fasting for a month (liquids only or no meat/dairy).
Skipping particular meals on a regular basis or living by the 5:2 diet.

I mean pushing your first meal back everyday by atleast 6 hours, once you adjust to it you can push it back by even more. As you’ve skipped a meal you can get away with eating more, and even some junk food and will still lose weight effortlessly. At first it’s pretty difficult, but once you’re used to it it’s so easy
Reply 33
I mean pushing your first meal back everyday by atleast 6 hours, once you adjust to it you can push it back by even more. As you’ve skipped a meal you can get away with eating more, and even some junk food and will still lose weight effortlessly. At first it’s pretty difficult, but once you’re used to it it’s so easy

Push your first meal back, skip a meal then eat more and eat some junk food? That makes absolutely no sense.
Original post by Surnia
Push your first meal back, skip a meal then eat more and eat some junk food? That makes absolutely no sense.

Apparently, after 16hrs your body burns fat by itself. I tried it. It works (mainly because I hardly ain’t anything and was obsessed with it)
Original post by Surnia

I’m not saying just eat junk food, if you could read what I’ve written, you would see that I said you can get away with eating some junk food. It’s perfectly logical, as you’re only eating 1-2 meals depending on your fasting window, and so can get away with consuming more calories in those sittings.
Reply 36
I’m not saying just eat junk food, if you could read what I’ve written, you would see that I said you can get away with eating some junk food. It’s perfectly logical, as you’re only eating 1-2 meals depending on your fasting window, and so can get away with consuming more calories in those sittings.

Original post by Anonymous
Apparently, after 16hrs your body burns fat by itself. I tried it. It works (mainly because I hardly ain’t anything and was obsessed with it)

I did say "some" junk food, but instead of trying to cram the required number of calories and, equally importantly, the right balance of nutrition into 1 meal, it's far more sensible to spread it out over 3 meals. If you need 1800 calories a day with the right vitamins and minerals, how do you do that healthily in one meal?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Surnia
I did say "some" junk food, but instead of trying to cram the required number of calories and, equally importantly, the right balance of nutrition into 1 meal, it's far more sensible to spread it out over 3 meals. If you need 1800 calories a day with the right vitamins and minerals, how do you do that healthily in one meal?

You have to be somewhat responsible with what you eat to not become deficient in vitamins or minerals, just like how you would have to be if you had more than 2 meals a day. If you feel like you would become deficient if you only had 1-2 meals a day, then fasting is not for you. That being said, you could try a multivitamin.
Are you a fan of the slogan "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"?

I dunno, I've eaten food so tasty I've wept in public :tongue:
Original post by Surnia

By planning your meal out. If you don’t, it’ll be so difficult so you’ll end up just snacking to fill your stomach

Quick Reply

Latest