The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices.

I've been thinking about my A-Level choices. Can anyone who takes A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology give me their opinions on the subjects? Are these three subjects a good combination?
Reply 1
Original post by ElderFupaMaximus
I've been thinking about my A-Level choices. Can anyone who takes A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology give me their opinions on the subjects? Are these three subjects a good combination?

I didn't take psychology but I did take Chemistry and Biology. The concepts in chemistry were often a lot harder than those in Biology and relied less on rote memorisation than in biology. Biology was easier to understand but the hard part came in knowing what the examiners wanted from the question. I knew a lot of people who took these combination of subjects and found that they worked well together. Many people seemed to find psychology to be their 'easy' subject and one that was a little more relaxed than the others but can't speak from personal experience
Take biology and chemistry. Like the content for both, but the exam questions for biology are ridiculous - You have to basically learn mark schemes.
Original post by ElderFupaMaximus

A good, coherent set. You'll probably find Chemistry the most difficult: most people do.

What are you planning on doing with these A levels at university?
I'm not really sure about what I want to do in Uni, although I definitely would like it to be science-based.

Quick Reply

Latest