The Student Room Group

A level disappointment

Who could have done much better in their a levels

Scroll to see replies

I'm failing mine atm but I'm doing nothing to improve - if that's anything similar
Original post by EFB82
Who could have done much better in their a levels

I guess I could have. I worked hard but the exams fell on days that didn't work for me. 2 essay based exams during Ramadan (fasting) and 1 on Eid. Wbu?
Original post by dettydettypig
I'm failing mine atm but I'm doing nothing to improve - if that's anything similar

What subjects?
psychology and biology are my worst but I also do maths and chemistry

What exam boards? If you want help I'm free to help anytime just message me.
I got quite lucky with my gcse's a while ago because my exams we spaced out and I had every Monday off. this was probably due to me doing both art and dt which revolved around more coursework so I had less exams.

Wbu?
Wbu?

I did maths, chemistry, business and AS Further maths. I love maths so in my gap year I'm doing Further maths A level.
were your final results a lot worse than your predictions?
were your final results a lot worse than your predictions?

Not really. I was predicted 3A*s and an A, so the highest possible outcome. I got A* 3As. I was agonisingly close for Chemistry. 1 mark off an A*. So I'm resisting Chem. Wbu? What are your predicted grades?
I'm predicted all A's for the end of year 13 but I had a rough few weeks just before our first report card so I got predicted current grades of A/B , B and two Cs. I have improved since but my school is being so pushy about trying to help me but I know I don't really need it. it sorta knocks my confidence because they don't think I'm good enough.
I'm predicted all A's for the end of year 13 but I had a rough few weeks just before our first report card so I got predicted current grades of A/B , B and two Cs. I have improved since but my school is being so pushy about trying to help me but I know I don't really need it. it sorta knocks my confidence because they don't think I'm good enough.

That's annoying but I guess that's sorta motivation to prove them wrong. Good luck. What uni and subject r u gonna do?
hopefully medicine but not sure where
Original post by Muhammad Razak
That's annoying but I guess that's sorta motivation to prove them wrong. Good luck. What uni and subject r u gonna do?

thanks
hopefully medicine but not sure where

I'm guessing gap year then?
im in year 12 so not quite
im in year 12 so not quite

Oh ****. I didn't realise. Sorry. Good luck then. Make sure you do your best in the end of year exams.
Reply 18
what Grades did u get in the end ?
Original post by EFB82
what Grades did u get in the end ?

What grades did u get? Plus what subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest