emmabernhoff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello!
I'm looking at Masters courses and some of the courses are called something with Applied, i.e. Applied Child Psychology and I'm just wondering what exactly that means in this context? What's the difference between that and "just" a Child Psychology masters course?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by emmabernhoff)
Hello!
I'm looking at Masters courses and some of the courses are called something with Applied, i.e. Applied Child Psychology and I'm just wondering what exactly that means in this context? What's the difference between that and "just" a Child Psychology masters course?
It's more focussed on the practical implementation of the subject matter than the theoretical investigation and development. So on the first course you might meet children and investigate their psychology with them, in the second perhaps not, you'd analyse other people's reports of interviews with children etc. However, just because it doesn't say Applied, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't applied.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by emmabernhoff)
Hello!
Check the course content. Applied courses tend to have greater emphasis of the subject in context and being put to use in real world situations.
Just compare the course content. It will vary from uni to uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?