Leahmitch
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Right guys I have a big problem

Do I go to Staffordshire university and study a course that has interesting modules but risk not having a good uni experience because of the poor night life

Or

Do I stay in Liverpool or go to uclan and study a course which modules aren’t exciting as Staffordshire but I’d be having a great uni experience because of the good night life
Joe1000000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you mean by interesting/exciting modules? Have you been to open days, what do you think of the universities themselves?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joe1000000)
What do you mean by interesting/exciting modules? Have you been to open days, what do you think of the universities themselves?
Like the course course content is really interesting. I don’t know if that’s makes much more sense. Basically the course in Staffordshire University (forensic investigation) is a lot more interesting than the one I’ve picked in Liverpool which is policing studies and forensics.

I live in Liverpool so I was able to go to the open day but I haven’t been to Staffordshire yet. I other the night life so much better here than Staffordshire which is why I’m struggling to pick which uni to go to
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leahmitch)
Right guys I have a big problem

Do I go to Staffordshire university and study a course that has interesting modules but risk not having a good uni experience because of the poor night life

Or

Do I stay in Liverpool or go to uclan and study a course which modules aren’t exciting as Staffordshire but I’d be having a great uni experience because of the good night life
Hi Leahmitch

It's great to hear that you're considering Staffs.

In terms of the nightlife, when it comes to Staffs, you have loads of options - we've got bars and a club on campus, the livelier towns of Hanley and Newcastle are about a 10 minute taxi away - or you also have the option of hopping on a train to a bigger city like Manchester or Birmingham if you're if you fancy - both of these take around 40/45 mins on the train.

Some of our students have done vlogs around nightlife at Uni which might be useful:

In terms of what you should do, it's hard to say - but ultimately I'd advise you to think about what's best for your career long-term. Which course will prepare you best for industry?

Yes, social life and night life is important - but when you graduate and are looking for your first role in industry, it's your course and what you studied that will really matter and make a difference.

I'd definitely advise you to come to a Staffs Open Day - you can book on if you haven't already here. We'll have lots of students there who will talk to you quite openly about their experience and what they think about the nightlife

I hope that helps

Thanks

Amy
Last edited by Staffordshire University; 2 weeks ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Life is a long game. Course >>> social life.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Course as that’s really why you are going to hni
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're going to university to study. Social life is just a balancing act along the way. I think you should go to where you'll enjoy the course more, or you'll end up leaving and going to the other one and regretting it.

Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (338)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.2%