EU settlement scheme when to apply Watch

lucaior01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm from the european union and I hold an offer from a university in London. I will come to England in september 2020. I have one question: do I have to apply to the settlement scheme now or in september? Im afraid that applying in september would be somehow late.. and you know, the transition period will end on the 31st of december 2020, so im kinda scared lol
LeMetalhead
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can only do the settlement status if you already live here, as you need to show proof of address. There's two types of EUSS, there's pre-settled status and settled status, the former is for those who have lived in Britain for less than 5 years, and the latter for those have lived here for over 5 years (I might be getting them mixed up, but these are the two types).
I would inform myself first, but given the deadline is June 2021 you will probably be fine with doing the pre-settled status one, I know it guarantees the right to stay and study, but there may be some restrictions, which I would advise you to get informed on.

I think this is the gist of it, but the uni should be able to give you all the necessary information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (338)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.2%