How to gain weight Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve tried to gain weight but 1) I’m never hungry so I’ll forget to eat 2) even when I eat loads my metabolism is mega fat so I don’t gain anything anyway and then I feel sick
Do weight gaining shakes actually work I don’t know if they’re a waste of money...baring in mind I’m 15 nearly 16 and a girl. Or apparently you can go doctors and they can prescribe you something? I think it’s due to stress aswell because life has just been painful to say the least recently...and even my parents are literally saying to me “oh my god look how skinny your waist is you can see your ribs nearly have you not been eating” so it’s not even like it’s only me who notices the change in my weight.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah I think you should go to the doctors as they are more professional and they can give you what you actually need.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve tried to gain weight but 1) I’m never hungry so I’ll forget to eat 2) even when I eat loads my metabolism is mega fat so I don’t gain anything anyway and then I feel sick
Do weight gaining shakes actually work I don’t know if they’re a waste of money...baring in mind I’m 15 nearly 16 and a girl. Or apparently you can go doctors and they can prescribe you something? I think it’s due to stress aswell because life has just been painful to say the least recently...and even my parents are literally saying to me “oh my god look how skinny your waist is you can see your ribs nearly have you not been eating” so it’s not even like it’s only me who notices the change in my weight.
fast burn carbs before bed, chocolate, sweets etc.

savoury meals steak, pork with pasta, potato etc.

Breakfast stuff like cheese and toast.

Carbs, fat, sugar should do it.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I recommend speaking to your GP. They may refer you to a dietitian or a nutritionist who can help you figure out what is best to eat. But please see your GP - there may be something else going on preventing you from gaining weight.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go to a dietitian, a proper diet brings you to a normal weight, it could be a long way to go but it is the right thing for your health.
I have the same problem. I gained about 5kg the last year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (333)
60.44%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.26%
No- I want it (150)
27.22%
No- I don't want it (39)
7.08%

Watched Threads