The Student Room Group

My boyfriend won’t use a condom

So we had sex for the first time 3 days ago and we didn’t use a condom. He didn’t finish inside of me but we were still anxious so the next day I took an emergency contraceptive pill. That day, we had unprotected sex again (again, he didn’t finish inside of me) and I’m planning on taking the pill tomorrow.

I’m planning on asking him from now on to wear a condom to settle our anxieties but he won’t comply and keeps on using the excuse that if we haven’t used a condom by now then any STD’s will have already transmitted so there’s no point in wearing it from now on. Regardless, I’m still trying to convince him. I have had multiple orally sexual experiences in the past, and he has not and keeps on saying that he’s clean but I’m concerned about myself.

So I guess my main questions are:
1. Should I be taking ECP even if he didn’t finish inside of me? (i’m worried about the pre-ejaculation)
2. Is there a point to wearing a condom from now on even if we’ve already had unprotected sex?

What should I do? Thanks so much.
Hi there.

- definitely wear conforms. If he doesn’t want to, simply explain no sex.

- doesn’t matter if he says he’s “clean.” Or not. And it’s definitely worrying if he’s not caring if STD’s have passed between you and is making that an excuse to not wear one.

- I suggest both of you get tested for STI’s / STD’s immediately.

And either YOU go one some more permanent contraceptive pill. OR HE does his part and actually wears a condom.

Shows a complete lack of respect to me.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So we had sex for the first time 3 days ago and we didn’t use a condom. He didn’t finish inside of me but we were still anxious so the next day I took an emergency contraceptive pill. That day, we had unprotected sex again (again, he didn’t finish inside of me) and I’m planning on taking the pill tomorrow.

I’m planning on asking him from now on to wear a condom to settle our anxieties but he won’t comply and keeps on using the excuse that if we haven’t used a condom by now then any STD’s will have already transmitted so there’s no point in wearing it from now on. Regardless, I’m still trying to convince him. I have had multiple orally sexual experiences in the past, and he has not and keeps on saying that he’s clean but I’m concerned about myself.

So I guess my main questions are:
1. Should I be taking ECP even if he didn’t finish inside of me? (i’m worried about the pre-ejaculation)
2. Is there a point to wearing a condom from now on even if we’ve already had unprotected sex?

What should I do? Thanks so much.

your bf is being really selfish and stupid! Your vag belongs to you and you are the one who can get pregnant! No condom ,no sex! Simple!
1. The chances of pregnancy are low but I would, personally.
2. Unless you plan to take emergency contraception after each time you have sex, there is definitely a point to wearing a condom.

Quick Reply

Latest