username3599094
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need help with this question. The picture is shown below.
ish101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hmm, i'm not 100% sure but my first thought was, for some h in the reals, we can get an expression for f'(c-h) from the definition. then consider f'(c)+f'(c-h), which should come out to the limit in the show that. if either limit exists in isolation then their sum should also exist. not too sure (yet?) about the second part though, sorry
Last edited by ish101; 1 month ago
ish101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ooh, this is quite shaky logic but at the least it may trigger some ideas. if said limit=f'(c)+f'(c-h), then as h tends to 0, f'(c-h) tends to f'(c) ==> limit tends to 2f'(c)
mqb2766
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adil2400)
Attachment 879908
Anyone got any clue?
Saying f is differentiable at c means the limit exists for both positive and negative h. So consider the two sequences where x -> c from both above and below and combine.
username5176388
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think you should be posting University of Central Lancashire assignment questions on here....
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
UCLan, UCLan Ambassador
mqb2766
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username3599094)
I need help with this question. The picture is shown below.
If you need help to do a simple derivative definition-type for an assignment, then unfortunately your problems are probably more fundamental than simply completing this assignment.

Edit: 4 months ago you were asking questions which involved odes/wronskians etc. Something just ain't right.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (18)
78.26%
No (3)
13.04%
Not sure (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads