Why I left sixth form altogether Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Did really well when I wasn’t ill, but I let one thing that one of my subject teachers said get to me at the time, and then I got sick (migraine causing memory loss) and began affecting concentration and memory and started really struggling in all subjects as a result. I was an A grade student but now I can’t manage an E. I lost part of my memory for good, due to the severity of the pain. Anyone else been forced out like this?
cyber1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry to hear that, really sucks when someone undermines your confidence. I fell into deep depression when this happened to me at uni.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cyber1995)
Sorry to hear that, really sucks when someone undermines your confidence. I fell into deep depression when this happened to me at uni.
Did you feel like you were forced out of uni?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Did really well when I wasn’t ill, but I let one thing that one of my subject teachers said get to me at the time, and then I got sick (migraine causing memory loss) and began affecting concentration and memory and started really struggling in all subjects as a result. I was an A grade student but now I can’t manage an E. I lost part of my memory for good, due to the severity of the pain. Anyone else been forced out like this?
I'm severely anaemic and the first thing my senior tutor suggested to me was to drop out of year 12 and start again next year. I strongly told her I was 100 per cent against that. Powering through even though there are bumps in the road. My attendance and grades have gotten better. It definitely felt like they were trying to force me out for "my best interests". I completely feel for you, power through it and prove them wrong!! Changing your mindset is essential, use that frustration of them wanting you out to drive you to do better and prove them that forcing you out wasn't the smartest idea. Because on a real note, if you don't persevere it's going to just spiral out of control.
Anonymous #1
I'm severely anaemic and the first thing my senior tutor suggested to me was to drop out of year 12 and start again next year. I strongly told her I was 100 per cent against that. Powering through even though there are bumps in the road. My attendance and grades have gotten better. It definitely felt like they were trying to force me out for "my best interests". I completely feel for you, power through it and prove them wrong!! Changing your mindset is essential, use that frustration of them wanting you out to drive you to do better and prove them that forcing you out wasn't the smartest idea. Because on a real note, if you don't persevere it's going to just spiral out of control.
They weren’t forcing me out, illness is forcing me out, my teachers all wanted me to stay. I already left and I left with an AS and that’s it.
cyber1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Did you feel like you were forced out of uni?
No I wasn't forced out but I was indirectly called stupid. All my assignments were anonymous except one, so no one knew how high my marks were. So the teachers used to degrade me at any chance they got because I wasn't the loudest person. Being from an ethnic bacground didn't help either. So the one time that it wasn't anonymous, teacher came up to me and said you know what I was actually suprised that this assignment has come from you. Then he realised what he said and backtracked. I've had this several times in secondary aswell as sixth form. People just undermining my intelligence because I don't know what their idea of intelligence looks like but it's definitly not me. Really took a till on me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (255)
66.58%
No (128)
33.42%

Watched Threads