Shaz Jones
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

I'm a second year combined honours student, doing Sociology and Criminology. We are expected to do pick a dissertation topic that combines these two areas.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

I'm interested in domestic violence and sexual violence against women but unsure how to work this into a dissertation topic.

Any help gratefully recieved.

We have to submit our ideas by the second week of March.

Thanks
FrancescaC2000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Shaz Jones)
Hi,

I'm a second year combined honours student, doing Sociology and Criminology. We are expected to do pick a dissertation topic that combines these two areas.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

I'm interested in domestic violence and sexual violence against women but unsure how to work this into a dissertation topic.

Any help gratefully recieved.

We have to submit our ideas by the second week of March.

Thanks
Most obviously, you could look into Freud's psychodynamic approach - this looks at the relationship between our parents, our psyche and our development at different stages in young life as why we choose the partners we do and act the way we do towards them.
You could also look at Social Exchange and Equity Theory as to why women stay in abusive relationships - and could also relate to why men abuse.

^These are Psychology based topics but 100% are applicable and mouldable to constructs in society as well as the criminal justice system
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (617)
48.77%

Watched Threads