Jimmerm78
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
What is the main difference between gcse and a level English literature, do you do the same like comparing poems and talking about books or is it completely different and is it much harder than gcse, I want to take it, I’m hoping to get a grade 7 in gcse as I got a 6 in my mock, I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jimmerm78)
What is the main difference between gcse and a level English literature, do you do the same like comparing poems and talking about books or is it completely different and is it much harder than gcse, I want to take it, I’m hoping to get a grade 7 in gcse as I got a 6 in my mock, I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision
More texts, expected to form more involved essays and to a higher standard. Check the A level spec. Still about novels, plays and poetry.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
will depend on the exam board but i'm doing aqa b and there's no comparing poems here.
i got an 8 at gcse but i do find the subject difficult you need to put a lot of work in to develop a good essay technique especially as the time constraints can be quite demanding. your analysis needs to be more considered because your knowledge of the overall texts is expected to be better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?