Student finance sent to different name Watch

tamin96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I really need some help. Last week I was sent my student finance to an account not in my name which usually wouldn’t be a problem as bacs payments arent usually checked for name matches. The payment date was the 5th of feb it still hasn’t come in. After contacting the receiving bank “N26 Bank” they advised me if the name doesn’t arch the payment she won’t be accepted and returned it’s been a week now and it hasn’t been returned usually a rejected bacs transfer is returned within 3 days. Can anyone help me here and advise me how I can resolve this matter as I feel student finance Arent doing anyhing to resolve this. Same with N26 bank they’re useless.
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Tamin,
Please give SFE a call on 0300 100 0607 and the if the payment hasn’t returned the advisor can submit a payment trace which can take up to 6 weeks.
(Original post by tamin96)
Hi I really need some help. Last week I was sent my student finance to an account not in my name which usually wouldn’t be a problem as bacs payments arent usually checked for name matches. The payment date was the 5th of feb it still hasn’t come in. After contacting the receiving bank “N26 Bank” they advised me if the name doesn’t arch the payment she won’t be accepted and returned it’s been a week now and it hasn’t been returned usually a rejected bacs transfer is returned within 3 days. Can anyone help me here and advise me how I can resolve this matter as I feel student finance Arent doing anyhing to resolve this. Same with N26 bank they’re useless.
tamin96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well student finance are saying I need to send statements for all my bank accounts before they can do this. I’m in financial hardship all I want them to do is trace the money then send it to me I feel as if the money has just vanished no one knows where it is!!
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tamin96)
Well student finance are saying I need to send statements for all my bank accounts before they can do this. I’m in financial hardship all I want them to do is trace the money then send it to me I feel as if the money has just vanished no one knows where it is!!
They will only ask for bank statements if you tell them the bank details are correct but you didn’t receive the money, so bank statements would be required to prove you didn’t receive the money.

Bank statements are not required for a payment trace. If you let them know that the funds were sent to the wrong account that wasn’t yours. Call again and ask for a payment trace to be actioned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads