IBFinancegirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Submitted everything Jan 24, still haven't heard from them... I got an email saying that they are delayed due to the amount of applications received this year.... anyone in the same situation as me?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Yeah same here they sent the email a week ago
Has your application status changed on the portal ?

Do you mind sharing your profile ?
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah same here they sent the email a week ago
Has your application status changed on the portal ?

Do you mind sharing your profile ?
I can't believe it, my status changed on the portal today to " Initial Assessment"

- Academic Excellence/Honor Student throughout my undergraduate degree in Accounting & Finance - LATAM
- First place in my graduating class of Accounting & Finance
- 1.5 years experience in a Big 4
- 2 years experience as credit trade risk and associate business analyst in a commodities trading company in USA.
- 101 TOEFL

I did not do GMAT/GRE, I didnt have the time to prepare as my decision was mostly last minute.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by deyaniramunoz)
I can't believe it, my status changed on the portal today to " Initial Assessment"

- Academic Excellence/Honor Student throughout my undergraduate degree in Accounting & Finance - LATAM
- First place in my graduating class of Accounting & Finance
- 1.5 years experience in a Big 4
- 2 years experience as credit trade risk and associate business analyst in a commodities trading company in USA.
- 101 TOEFL

I did not do GMAT/GRE, I didnt have the time to prepare as my decision was mostly last minute.
Hey mate has there been an change or update yet from Warwick ?
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Hey mate has there been an change or update yet from Warwick ?
Nothing, still in "Initial Assessment" I wouldnt expect anything from them until the first week of March IMO. Are you still waiting? when did you apply? MSC Finance as well?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Yeah still waiting I applied on the 28th of Jan been on initial assessment for about 2 weeks now

The waiting is killing me lol

Did you apply anywhere else ?
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Yeah still waiting I applied on the 28th of Jan been on initial assessment for about 2 weeks now

The waiting is killing me lol

Did you apply anywhere else ?
haha twinsies! I applied on Jan 24th but received my recommendation on Jan 28th (which I believe is when the complete application is submitted). Ive been on initial assessment for 1 week. Whats your profile? are you from uk/eu?

I've applied to Imperial for Msc Finance (unsuccessful) and Msc Investment and Wealth Management (Still waiting). Ive applied to Imperial 1.5 weeks after Warwick and then just to "have something" I applied to an University in NL.. not as prestigious but good ranking in IB jobs in NL. So if all goes south.... I have a backup.

What about you?
Last edited by IBFinancegirl; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IBFinancegirl)
haha twinsies! I applied on Jan 24th but received my recommendation on Jan 28th (which I believe is when the complete application is submitted). Ive been on initial assessment for 1 week. Whats your profile? are you from uk/eu?

I've applied to Imperial for Msc Finance (unsuccessful) and Msc Investment and Wealth Management (Still waiting). Ive applied to Imperial 1.5 weeks after Warwick and then just to "have something" I applied to an University in NL.. not as prestigious but good ranking in IB jobs in NL. So if all goes south.... I have a backup.

What about you?
hey have you received any update yet from Warwick ?
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Nothing yet. I guess I’ll have an answer in 2-3 weeks as they said it’s going to take a bit longer due to all applications. It’s been 4 weeks already
80tek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have applied at WBS Msc Fin as well. Low point is weak GPA 65%. High points are CFA 2 and ACCA + senior associate in transactions Big 4
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if the school can give an early decision if you have other offers expiring soon ?I applied about 5 weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet and I have another offer expiring on Tuesday
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if the school can give an early decision if you have other offers expiring soon ?I applied about 5 weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet and I have another offer expiring on Tuesday
Warwick Business School
Warwick Business School
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Everyone!

It is great to see you are all considering MSc Finance at Warwick Business School.

We are experiencing extremely high volumes of applications at the moment, if you are holding offers at other universities and have a deadline to meet please private message me your Warwick ID number and I can take a look into your application.

I wish you the best of luck with your applications!

Danielle
VishalS7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, have any of you guys heard back from Warwick yet? It’s been almost a month since I’ve applied and my application is still on the first stage of the process

I have an offer I must respond to very soon and I’m worried Warwick won’t be able to get back with a decision before my offer expires
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by VishalS7)
Hey, have any of you guys heard back from Warwick yet? It’s been almost a month since I’ve applied and my application is still on the first stage of the process

I have an offer I must respond to very soon and I’m worried Warwick won’t be able to get back with a decision before my offer expires
Nothing yet, I've been waiting 2 months.... Im in the same boat as you, I emailed them but no reply yet.
VishalS7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was under the assumption that majority of the decisions will be made by 31st March. I wonder if I am mistaken about that or whether Coronavirus pandemic will delay the decisions even further. Either way, I cannot possibly imagine my application being processed so soon since it’s not even on “initial assessment” yet. The wait is really brutal, can’t imagine what 2 months of waiting must have felt like for you.
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by VishalS7)
I was under the assumption that majority of the decisions will be made by 31st March. I wonder if I am mistaken about that or whether Coronavirus pandemic will delay the decisions even further. Either way, I cannot possibly imagine my application being processed so soon since it’s not even on “initial assessment” yet. The wait is really brutal, can’t imagine what 2 months of waiting must have felt like for you.
Why March 31st?

Actually, the first 5 weeks of waiting were terrible, overthinking and re reading my application every day did not help haha! So Id recommend to avoid going through your app docs haha. The second month was ok, due to the virus, my focus shifted to going back to my family (I was far) took 29 hours flight just in time before the boarders closed so...All good! haha Still waiting I have a friend in the same situation as me and he called WBS and they said by next week he'll get an answer. (2 months waiting just like me).
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! Just got an offer this morning!
80tek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IBFinancegirl)
Hi! Just got an offer this morning!
Congrats IBF girl!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads