Mitziw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My son is still waiting to hear from Solent Uni admissions, I know they aren't all quick to reply but I think he is worry as his friend applied for the same course and was accepted about 2 weeks ago .
He has emailed admissions but heard nothing back. It's been just over 4 weeks. Should we worry? He had the acknowledgement email. Thanks
Solent University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mitziw)
My son is still waiting to hear from Solent Uni admissions, I know they aren't all quick to reply but I think he is worry as his friend applied for the same course and was accepted about 2 weeks ago .
He has emailed admissions but heard nothing back. It's been just over 4 weeks. Should we worry? He had the acknowledgement email. Thanks
Hi Mitziw

Sorry you have been waiting so long for a response. This is a very busy time of year for our admissions team, although I am still surprised you have contacted them and not heard from them in 4 weeks.

I have sent your query on to see if we can put them in contact with you sooner, although I am not able to promise anything and I have no powers to speed up the admissions process.

I would advise you not to worry as Universities have until May to send out their offers and it may just be he is further down the pile than his friend was.

Even if he is not accepted first time, clearing lines will be open on results day, and he is more than welcome to apply to us again then!

I will let you know if I hear anything or need any more information from you. In the mean time, do not panic, things will work out in the end.

Good luck for your son!

Izzy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solent University)
Hi Mitziw

Sorry you have been waiting so long for a response. This is a very busy time of year for our admissions team, although I am still surprised you have contacted them and not heard from them in 4 weeks.

I have sent your query on to see if we can put them in contact with you sooner, although I am not able to promise anything and I have no powers to speed up the admissions process.

I would advise you not to worry as Universities have until May to send out their offers and it may just be he is further down the pile than his friend was.

Even if he is not accepted first time, clearing lines will be open on results day, and he is more than welcome to apply to us again then!

I will let you know if I hear anything or need any more information from you. In the mean time, do not panic, things will work out in the end.

Good luck for your son!

Izzy
Thank you very much
Mitziw
Rep:
?
Thank you very much
He only emailed them last week but it's been just over 4 weeks since his application.
Mitziw
Rep:
?
He only emailed them last week but it's been just over 4 weeks since his application.
He has got a reply and offer so thankyou if due to your help x
Solent University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He has got a reply and offer so thankyou if due to your help x
Excellent news! I was just logging in to check if you had made any progress.

Congratulate him from us!

Izzy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He has emailed admissions but heard nothing back. It's been just over 4 weeks. Should we worry? He had the acknowledgement email.
Congratulations on his offer.

I suspect that one of the reasons that they're so busy is people chasing the status of their application. It does seem odd to apply at the last possible moment (applications could be submitted from the 4th September 2019), then expect a quick response - universities have until the 6th May to reply. I do understand the anxiety whilst waiting, particularly when you see others get offers, but it does smack of double standards.

When my son applied (2016 for 2017 admission), he received an offer from Imperial on the 12th February, having applied in early October, been interviewed mid-December, and completed an online test in early January. That's four months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads