Getting started on my English A Level Coursework Watch

MattNB
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, I've just began writing my coursework comparing 'Notes on a Scandal' by Zoe Heller and 'Remains of the Day' by Kazuo Ishiguro and I've chosen to cover the contrast of love, sexual desire and loneliness. Any tips on how to properly structure the answer? I'm pretty much done with the intro, I just need to synthesise the texts some more to create a better overview of the story before I go fully in on language and structural analysis (synthesis is something I've always struggled with).I'm hoping to get an A/A* in it so my life is slightly easier when it comes to exams, which is why my teacher's gotten us started relatively early so we can get a bunch of drafts and revisions, but overall my biggest issue is structure and the intro. If anyone's got any tips let me know
basilganglia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't started on my coursework yet, just reading the texts and getting familiar with them.

My english teacher said we should read the text at least a few times, to get the most out of it and write the most successful answer with a thorough understanding of the texts.

Goodluck with your coursework!
MattNB
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
We got the texts at the end of Year 11, I’ve read Notes twice and about to finish Remains for the second time so I’m already pretty familiar with them, but I’ll obviously have read them a few more times before the end of the year and before coursework is due. Good luck with yours too!
basilganglia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MattNB)
We got the texts at the end of Year 11, I’ve read Notes twice and about to finish Remains for the second time so I’m already pretty familiar with them, but I’ll obviously have read them a few more times before the end of the year and before coursework is due. Good luck with yours too!
Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (263)
61.45%
Yes- I don't like it (20)
4.67%
No- I want it (114)
26.64%
No- I don't want it (31)