Maja121
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi

I’m hoping someone can help me, I have got an interview for pgce 14+ at the Uni of Bolton and I was wondering if someone can shed some light of what is expected at the interview, I really want this, waiting’s few years and now I can’t let this go. Help much appreciated.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Maja121)
Hi

I’m hoping someone can help me, I have got an interview for pgce 14+ at the Uni of Bolton and I was wondering if someone can shed some light of what is expected at the interview, I really want this, waiting’s few years and now I can’t let this go. Help much appreciated.
Hello,

Research the institution (teaching practice placements) through the Universities website: look at their ‘values’ and ‘mission statement’ as well as their most recent Ofsted report to look for strengths and targets. Be ready to ask questions of them at interview - these could be about: the academic side of the course and how that works, the colleges you will be placed in, the support you will receive, extra training beyond college hours. Expect to have a discussion around your chosen subject area, and they may choose to have you write a response to a written resource or data analysis.

However, you must ask them for details so we can help you in better knowledge of the tasks they have in mind!

Jane
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi

Usually you'll be sent some information about the structure of the day- often there's a mini teach, group task, written task and individual interview. If you haven't got any more information than a date and a time, I'd suggest contacting the uni to find out about the structure of the day and if you're expected to prepare anything.
Maja121
Rep:
?
Yes they have sent me some info, just wanted some help i am nervous doing presentation
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes they have sent me some info, just wanted some help i am nervous doing presentation
Hi Maja121,

it is totally normal to feel nervous- the interview panel will take this into account. Remember that they do not expect a "perfect" presentation, they are looking for your potential to become a good classroom practitioner.
A few tips to help you with your presentation:
- Rehearse your presentation at home- if possible deliver it to an audience (friends/family)
- Try to speak slowly and clearly- don't rush it...
- If you are using a Powerpoint- do not read from the Powerpoint- you are doing the presentation- the presentation is here to support what you say.
- Try to establish regular eye contact with your audience- it can be difficult- when I have been in this situation, I tend to look at people's foreheads- rather than their eyes- it gives a good illusion of eye-contact!
- Try to have an open demeanour and smile if you can!
- If you do make a mistake during the presentation- it happens!- pause, regroup and correct it- I would say it is better to correct yourself as it shows self-awareness rather than sweeping your mistake under the carpet...

I hope this helps and good luck!

Laure
Maja121
Rep:
?
Thankyou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads