cup of void
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’m doing my year 13 mocks right now (I’m taking maths, computing and fine art) and so far I have completely messed them up. Despite doing so badly I have no motivation to revise or do anything much really, apart from like, sleep.

This lack of motivation to do much of anything started a few years back but now it’s just getting worse and worse so much so that it’s a trouble to get out of bed in the morning.

I don’t need particularly high marks (basically all Bs) but I’m not even gonna get that if I carry on like I am now, so does anyone have any advice to get my motivation back?
Darkiorra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well I was like you kinda until I got a gf which was my motivation to get all A* so maybe if you have a gf or bf then think about them and do it for them and also think about the good future etc etc. Only you can do it
4rensic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by cup of void)
So I’m doing my year 13 mocks right now (I’m taking maths, computing and fine art) and so far I have completely messed them up. Despite doing so badly I have no motivation to revise or do anything much really, apart from like, sleep.

This lack of motivation to do much of anything started a few years back but now it’s just getting worse and worse so much so that it’s a trouble to get out of bed in the morning.

I don’t need particularly high marks (basically all Bs) but I’m not even gonna get that if I carry on like I am now, so does anyone have any advice to get my motivation back?
this really sounds like me tbh, and the way i have turned it around is by finding out why i lack motivation in these subject that i chose. do you dislike the subjects? think about why you have taken them? are they required for uni? if so ask yourself where you want to be in the next year.

the next step is to work toward small goals. it’s easy to get lost thinking that you have so much work to catch up on and so much to do, you could do what i did which was just to revise one topic in a subject (i did the nervous system in biology) and found a pass paper online and just answered three questions. yes it’s small progress, but it’s still progress and it’s some percentage of work rather than none. each day eventually i built this up and you can too!

if you still find that you are unmotivated in your work, you should think about if your unmotivation effects the other aspects of your life e.g. social life, daily activities..
if so, i’d advice you seek help as it could be a sign or an underlying issue.

i hope this helps, best of luck! x
ywbfcihwcjownc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by cup of void)

Hey, I understand that sometimes we all do fall apart and have no clue as to what we want to do or what we should do, but one thing that you need to do right now is that- you really need to get your **** together man. I mean, this is the last lap- the race is still going on and you are a part of it, if you keep waiting for someone to come and motivate you, you would always keep on waiting and that time would never come. So what I would suggest here would be to follow the following-
- Get your mock papers printed and analyse what went wrong
- Circle your weak areas and revise those particular concepts
- Attempt the full paper, under test conditions
-Check your paper on your own and mark it
You'll se the difference..
freeyaarose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i got BEU in my AS last year (welsh bac, geography and biology in that order) and I've been offered places for uni at BBB - im resitting my failed exams, how realistic and achievable is this???? i dont know how much revision and time to put in and im stressing hahaha
ywbfcihwcjownc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by freeyaarose)
i got BEU in my AS last year (welsh bac, geography and biology in that order) and I've been offered places for uni at BBB - im resitting my failed exams, how realistic and achievable is this???? i dont know how much revision and time to put in and im stressing hahaha
See honestly, it is only. realistic until you work hard towards your aim. What I suggest is that only commit to something if you can actually do it, or else why waste your parents money on retaking exams again and again right? If you are sure you want to retake the exam, then for both Biology and Geography do the papers again. Yes, do those papers that you failed in once again under test conditions and get it checked from your teacher or check it yourself, after which mark the weak areas in which you didn't score and try to redo those chapters. After doing those chapters attempt the paper again and again until it is right. You would get another level of confidence and then you start preparing properly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
67.14%
No (115)
32.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed