I have the most judgemental friends Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
One friend that I was so close to never used to let me eat lunch, they used to eat and I didn’t, and if I don’t eat then I get sick. At lunchtime they used to sell subway in the college and I wanted to buy it with card money and then she would say “oh but won’t it trigger your IBS?” Like what is it to her? I was underweight as it is. Another time I said I wanted to try a milkshake she always drinks and she says the same thing. Anyone else have a friend that won’t let you eat? And you’re always left out, they claim subway is unhealthy, yet pfc is healthy?? Do you suggest I cut them off? I don’t have guts to go and buy something different to them and I would always snack on sweets and chocolate and cereal bars.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One friend that I was so close to never used to let me eat lunch, they used to eat and I didn’t, and if I don’t eat then I get sick. At lunchtime they used to sell subway in the college and I wanted to buy it with card money and then she would say “oh but won’t it trigger your IBS?” Like what is it to her? I was underweight as it is. Another time I said I wanted to try a milkshake she always drinks and she says the same thing. Anyone else have a friend that won’t let you eat? And you’re always left out, they claim subway is unhealthy, yet pfc is healthy?? Do you suggest I cut them off? I don’t have guts to go and buy something different to them and I would always snack on sweets and chocolate and cereal bars.
Hi there!

This is so unhealthy, unhealthy for your body, your mind and your general well-being. These people who are telling you not to eat are not your friends.

Your friends should have your well being at heart and I cannot see that in this case. It is not your friends choice or decision as to whether or not you eat and what you eat. I think you need to take a stand and do what is best for you and your health.

Hope this helps!
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Absolutely I suggest you cut them off - who are they to tell you what and when to eat? Who are they, the Food Police? Not likely.

You are in control of your body and you have the power inside you to say NO. You don't need to worry about the consequences because why would they spread rumours about you? They're the ones in the wrong, not you.

You are so, so undeserving of their toxicity :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (477)
59.4%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.35%
No- I want it (230)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.6%

Watched Threads