Motivation to do well Watch

Nataliee_cotts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Since starting a levels my motivation has dropped. I don’t try as hard as I did at gcse and then I when I want to feel motivated and do well, I try to make a revision timetable but I never stick to it. Can anyone give any advice or how to make a good timetable that they stick to?

LoisClayton
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Give yourself motivators. To stick to your timetable, make yourself a promise that once you finish each day and do everything you had on your timetable at the right time, buy yourself a treat or do something you really want to do . Push yourself by not giving yourself the treat until the end of the week so that it feels more earnt, giving you those dopamine chemicals in your brain as they release everytime you do something positive.
Marsharko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Motivation is good, but the foundation is discipline.

It's okay if sometimes you don't feel like doing the work that is required. You don't have to enjoy it, so don't try to trick yourself into feeling motivated. Motivation should come naturally.

But having the discipline to go ahead and do the work regardless, is reveals a great student. So become disciplined.
Nataliee_cotts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thank you, I just find it hard because I end up being one of those 5 min workers and then 2 hour breakers and I get distracted easily. Any tips to stop distractions (not necessarily my phone) and to be more disciplined?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (46)
24.73%
No, but I have thought about it (50)
26.88%
No (90)
48.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed