Do you recommend studying in Europe? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I really do not want to go to a UK university (I'm in Year 12), because they are very expensive, I hate the UK to put it simply, and I cannot imagine staying here for another 4 years of my life.

I get good grades and I am aiming for As and A*s in my A-Levels next year. Also, I have a French passport as well as a British one, so the Brexit barrier is not an issue for me. I am also fluent in French and therefore I am a good linguist (not wanting to brag), and I got a 9 at Spanish GCSE (didn't pick it for A Level though).

Basically, I would like to know what you all recommend. Which European country should I study in, if I want to study law or journalism? Which is more affordable? Any universities in particular?

Sorry, this is a really broad question, but thank you
Advertisement
Darkiorra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Uk Universities are the best Universities. What do you mean the UK universities are very expensive? Are you not eligable for tuition loans?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Darkiorra)
Uk Universities are the best Universities. What do you mean the UK universities are very expensive? Are you not eligable for tuition loans?
I could get a student loan, but I just don't want to start off my working life in debt. I don't have a lot of money as it is, without being 21K in debt when I start my first job. And before you say, I know that you pay it off so that you can barely tell the difference each month, but I'd rather not have to be in debt anyway!

Also, I agree that UK universities are certainly the best education wise, and considering I am English and speak it natively, but I really do not want to study in the UK. The atmosphere in this country is awful, it's dirty, never nice weather, people are horrible, the list could go on...
Advertisement
Darkiorra
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I could get a student loan, but I just don't want to start off my working life in debt. I don't have a lot of money as it is, without being 21K in debt when I start my first job. And before you say, I know that you pay it off so that you can barely tell the difference each month, but I'd rather not have to be in debt anyway!

Also, I agree that UK universities are certainly the best education wise, and considering I am English and speak it natively, but I really do not want to study in the UK. The atmosphere in this country is awful, it's dirty, never nice weather, people are horrible, the list could go on...
About the people and atmosphere it depends on where in the UK you live. About the debt, you said you can barely tell the difference which is true and the UK universities are the best so there shouldnt be a reason why not to study here because the debt is like nothing even if you don't wanna be in a debt there no reason not to be because it ain't gonna change anything in the future... I would say ur better off getting a degree in here and then maybe move somewhere else and work there because UK degrees are highly valuable
Anonymous #1
About the people and atmosphere it depends on where in the UK you live. About the debt, you said you can barely tell the difference which is true and the UK universities are the best so there shouldnt be a reason why not to study here because the debt is like nothing even if you don't wanna be in a debt there no reason not to be because it ain't gonna change anything in the future... I would say ur better off getting a degree in here and then maybe move somewhere else and work there because UK degrees are highly valuable
I know England well, I've lived here for 17 years. The people vary across the country, but I don't like the aesthetic or the categories everyone fits into.
I love Europe, countries like Italy, France, Northern Spain etc. are the most beautiful countries in the World and I feel truly at peace there.
There is nothing for me in the UK. I'm already depressed, and I know that if I continue to live here it will become much more severe.
I appreciate you trying to change my mind, so thank you, but I made up my mind about studying in Europe a while ago.
I think I phrased the question incorrectly, I mean more like "What is the best country to study in Europe and why" rather than should I study in UK or Europe
Advertisement
Darkiorra
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know England well, I've lived here for 17 years. The people vary across the country, but I don't like the aesthetic or the categories everyone fits into.
I love Europe, countries like Italy, France, Northern Spain etc. are the most beautiful countries in the World and I feel truly at peace there.
There is nothing for me in the UK. I'm already depressed, and I know that if I continue to live here it will become much more severe.
I appreciate you trying to change my mind, so thank you, but I made up my mind about studying in Europe a while ago.
I think I phrased the question incorrectly, I mean more like "What is the best country to study in Europe and why" rather than should I study in UK or Europe
I cant really help you then because I don't know much about other counties in EU when it comes to education so sorry about that but good luck with everything
Anonymous #1
I cant really help you then because I don't know much about other counties in EU when it comes to education so sorry about that but good luck with everything
thank you anyway
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads