Research Assistant Law Commission 2020

Watch
Monkeylectric
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just a thread so that who've applied to the 2020 Research Assistant post at the Law Commission can meet others who also have :-)
cbridges1818
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I've applied, not heard anything back but think they'll start contacting us this week.
rosedwards247
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for making this thread has anyone heard yet?
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't heard anything back yet! Portal still says 'Your application has been successfully stored onto our database and will be processed shortly'.
cbridges1818
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes same, the applicant's guide said we'd hear back today
rosedwards247
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe it will take longer to get back to candidates because they extended the deadline by a week?
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah, I wasn't aware they had extended the deadline? That would make sense! Did they say why they extended it?
rosedwards247
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No they didn't (I assume too few applications?), but it was extended by a week from 2nd -> 9th. So maybe we won't hear for an extra week?
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh fair enough! I might call them today and ask - will let you know in here if I do
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I emailed and got a response today - because of the extension to the deadline, the expected date to let us know is now 10th March. The test will be between 16th and 19th March. The interviews will be between 23rd March and 3rd April. Hope that info helps!
thepurplerain
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rbypcck)
I emailed and got a response today - because of the extension to the deadline, the expected date to let us know is now 10th March. The test will be between 16th and 19th March. The interviews will be between 23rd March and 3rd April. Hope that info helps!
Thank you! And best of luck
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No problem! Best of luck too
Monkeylectric
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I emailed and got a response today - because of the extension to the deadline, the expected date to let us know is now 10th March. The test will be between 16th and 19th March. FThe interviews will be between 23rd March and 3rd April. Hope that info helps!
Awesome thank you!
rosedwards247
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My portal has changed to say my application is 'currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process'.

Anyone else have this/know what it means?
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm not sure what it means - mine hasn't changed. I've seen it in previous threads though and people said they received responses by email after it happening, so keep an eye on your inbox! What team did you list as first choice?
rosedwards247
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm not sure what it means - mine hasn't changed. I've seen it in previous threads though and people said they received responses by email after it happening, so keep an eye on your inbox! What team did you list as first choice?
Watching it like a hawk! Property, Family and Trusts - with a highlighted preference for property and trusts. What about you?
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It could be a while though! I’ve heard that they sometimes put it on hold and then don’t send an email for a week. Good to know it’s getting processed though! Did you get an automated email re the status change or did you happen to check it? I applied to criminal law (first choice) and public (second). Good luck!
rosedwards247
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I checked it - no email at all, so I can't even say when it changed because I hadn't checked it for a few days. Best of luck with your application!
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the info!!
rbypcck
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rosedwards247)
I checked it - no email at all, so I can't even say when it changed because I hadn't checked it for a few days. Best of luck with your application!
Just checked and mine is too now! Who knows that that even means though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads