Tudor1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If the requirements for a uni include 3 gsces, and I took the IELTS exam, does that mean I only have to take 2 gsces? (since the IELTS exam is equivalent to an english gsce)
UCAS_Expert
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need to check with each individual University.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tudor1234)
If the requirements for a uni include 3 gsces, and I took the IELTS exam, does that mean I only have to take 2 gsces? (since the IELTS exam is equivalent to an english gsce)
If you aren't a UK students (which I guess you are based on taking IELTS) then GCSE requirements will usually not apply and they'll require the equivalent studied in your country.
Tudor1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
And what happens if I've been homeschooled from the beginning of highschool? Do I still have to take GCSES?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tudor1234)
And what happens if I've been homeschooled from the beginning of highschool? Do I still have to take GCSES?
You need to speak to individual universities if you have no formal qualifications apart from IELTS. They might be willing to waive GCSE requirements or they might still ask you to take English and Maths.

It's quite a step from home schooling to studying a degree - they'll need some evidence that you're capable of coping with the academic workload.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.2%
No (184)
32.8%

Watched Threads