The Student Room Group

My dad SHATTERED my phone this morning over a milkshake... help?:/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h6ixx
damn that wa sreal nice (a lil stupid) of you
people lie on here ?
damn
i dont have a phone and im 16 , i have angry parents who do a lot more than shout
but ion complain, mans just gonna get on with life
life aint easy

I think that kids sometimes have a hard time. Not as hard as me.... growing up. But the stresses are different. Yep I thought it was a nice gesture. Probably won't do it again. Cost me 60 quid. That money could have gone to something better
How many boys were in your yard?
Original post by Anonymous
I think that kids sometimes have a hard time. Not as hard as me.... growing up. But the stresses are different. Yep I thought it was a nice gesture. Probably won't do it again. Cost me 60 quid. That money could have gone to something better

yeah there are some of us in school deeping whether therell be food on the table
and others who worry about their next eyelash extensions appointment
looool, you should apologise and hopefully he'll get you a new phone later, but don't expect it. mentally prepare yourself for maybe not having a phone for a long time.😂😂😂
Original post by Bio 7
Yeah ok sure he did. What are you on then to post about it if your phone is gone and you're at school?

You know smartphones have really taken over when people forget about computers
Reply 45
Original post by TheMcSame
You know smartphones have really taken over when people forget about computers

I didn't forget but they were at school at the time. We didn't have regular access to computers at my school for most of the day.
Original post by Anonymous
so i was getting ready to go to school... and it was getting time to leave the house. but before we left, my dad made me and my brother our daily milkshake. so we started to drink it and he started to head the truck. fast-forward, i finished the milkshake and left the house, hopped in the truck, and he asks me "did you finish your shake", i respond with "of course"... i guess he didn't hear because he asked it again. and i responded with the same thing. except this time i whispered under my breath "i mean i had no choice". he quickly hops out of the truck and goes over to me and swings open my door. i think fast and jump out of the other side of the truck. he proceeds to yell at me and say go in the house rn. i do as he said. i go in the house, and as expected, he follows me. we're in the house and he starts yelling to get my moms attentions to inform her what had just happened. i kinda drifted off and since he was yelling i quickly started to voice record him. then, i got closer to him so that the recording could capture what he was saying. when outta nowhere he says give me your phone. i was kinda cornered so i had no choice but to give him my phone. anxiety struck me as i realized i was still voice recording. there was nothing i could do but hope that he doesn't find that i was recording him. 5 sec later were heading out of the house again. he checks my phone, and the recording is the first thing that pops up. he turns around and says W*F is this?! i was speechless. he turns back around and YEETS the phone super hard at the ground. not gonna lie i teared up. here i am now venting to whoever reads this... anyway, what is yalls opinion/what should i do??? thanks

Really sorry to hear this. It must have been scary.
If that sort of thing is something he does often please know that isn't okay (it's not even okay to do once really). You should feel safe at home and if you don't there are people you can talk to.

I don't know if you live in the UK, but if you do you can contact childline. It's completely confidential. They have info about what happens when you phone them, use their site etc. You could also talk to a grown up you trust like a teacher. If you ever feel like you are in danger you can also phone 999/ 911.

I don't want to make mountains of mile hills and if this was a one off kind of thing fair enough. People mess up sometimes and that includes parents. But from reading what you said I get the impression that maybe it isn't so uncommon.
If he is usually a reasonable person though maybe have a chat with him or mum or whoever about it, how it made you feel and stuff.

I hope you're doing alright. Please remember you deserve to feel safe and it's okay to ask for help if you don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending