joonghong
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to drop one of my subjects since i dont need it (one of the unis has already gave me a conditional offer for BB) and I've been invited to an interview for my other choice. I want to drop the subject now but a lot of people have told me i need to contact the universities and inform them of me doing so, should i email the university directly and tell them? Do i need their permission first? Or is there something on UCAS where i can contact the unis and tell them i want to drop a subject?
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As far as I’m aware you contact the uni directly
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you doing four or three a levels?
joonghong
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by .unknown)
Are you doing four or three a levels?
doing four, I want to drop down to doing only three
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by joonghong)
I want to drop one of my subjects since i dont need it (one of the unis has already gave me a conditional offer for BB) and I've been invited to an interview for my other choice. I want to drop the subject now but a lot of people have told me i need to contact the universities and inform them of me doing so, should i email the university directly and tell them? Do i need their permission first? Or is there something on UCAS where i can contact the unis and tell them i want to drop a subject?
You must tell them and it would be foolish to act before getting a written response to the effect that your offer will not change or be withdrawn. Offers are made in the knowledge of what you are taking and any change to that could mean a changed or withdrawn offer.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They are unlikely to mind but yes, you need to check with your Unis directly first, by emailing their Admissions. Once they have agreed it, you need to let UCAS know too
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need to inform universities of any changes to your education, and be aware that any changes you make may nullify any offer made - since the offer is a contract based on you taking all of those qualifications you listed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.32%
No (183)
32.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed