Failed Driving Test 3 times!! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Please help,

I keep failing my driving test (

The first test I got a serious fault- which is hard to explain why because it wasn’t entirely my fault and the traffic system where I live is **** but anyway long story short, I became an obstruction to a lorry that shouldn’t have been coming round the corner anyway because he skipped the lights.

Second test was entirely my fault, I felt more pressure to pass this time so I panicked right at the start of the test, rushed and ended up pulling out at a roundabout when I shouldnt have. (the guy wasn’t indicating which didn’t help but I still should have waited)

3rd time I was so focused on trying not to kill my self or anyone else I was too cautious and failed for driving too slow!!!

I’m starting to think that I’ll never be able to pass. Every time I hear those words ‘sorry but you haven’t passed’ makes me feel sick and makes me feel like a massive failure to everyone. It’s so hard seeing all my friends able to drive and I can’t. The frustrating thing is that my lessons go so well but on the day I just never have any luck.

Any advice on how to pass 4th time lucky would be much appreciated. I’ve got a car sat waiting for me and my bank account can’t keep funding all these tests anymore.

Thanks
stepheds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I passed on my 4th time. The only thing that kept getting me was my nerves. As soon as the examiner would sit next to me I’d panic and struggle to calm down through the test.

The 4th time I used Bach’s Rescue Remedy which really did help, or at least the ‘placebo’ effect as I passed that one 😉

You’re not a failure at all. It was one of the hardest times for me constantly being told ‘I’m sorry you’ve failed’ But I just had to keep on at it. My pass day was NYE so I certainly celebrated that night 😉

Don’t give up!!
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's all learning, every time you make one of these serious mistakes you know not to make it again.

As much as I didn't see the situ with the lorry, the trick is that they always have right of way for practical purposes, the theory test brings this up a few times (or it should). As much as they're doing something they shouldn't have your examiner isn't allowed to take that into account. :/
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by stepheds)
I passed on my 4th time. The only thing that kept getting me was my nerves. As soon as the examiner would sit next to me I’d panic and struggle to calm down through the test.

The 4th time I used Bach’s Rescue Remedy which really did help, or at least the ‘placebo’ effect as I passed that one 😉

You’re not a failure at all. It was one of the hardest times for me constantly being told ‘I’m sorry you’ve failed’ But I just had to keep on at it. My pass day was NYE so I certainly celebrated that night 😉

Don’t give up!!
It’s literally my nerves that fail me every time. The first 10 minutes is the point where I’m in constant panic mode. I wouldn’t say that I come across as a nervous wreck to the examiners e.g. shaking or looking petrified in the car but it’s just my brain going into overload trying to quickly recall everything I’ve ever learnt in my lessons rather than treating it as a normal lesson. I literally don’t know what to do about it. My instructor keeps telling me it’s nerves and that he thinks I’m a great driver which doesn’t help my situation because I think ‘well why can’t I pass then if I’m a good driver’. I don’t want to have to give up because I really wanna pass before uni in September but it’s knocking my confidence each time. 2 of my examiners weren’t very nice, didn’t introduce themselves and were rude when giving me feedback at the end. My second examiner said my driving was great and I should book another as soon as possible and was generally lovely throughout the whole test but just a shame that I made a mistake on the roundabout so she had to fail me. That gave me the confidence to do a 3rd but because I failed that I’ve lost confidence again.
stepheds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s literally my nerves that fail me every time. The first 10 minutes is the point where I’m in constant panic mode. I wouldn’t say that I come across as a nervous wreck to the examiners e.g. shaking or looking petrified in the car but it’s just my brain going into overload trying to quickly recall everything I’ve ever learnt in my lessons rather than treating it as a normal lesson. I literally don’t know what to do about it. My instructor keeps telling me it’s nerves and that he thinks I’m a great driver which doesn’t help my situation because I think ‘well why can’t I pass then if I’m a good driver’. I don’t want to have to give up because I really wanna pass before uni in September but it’s knocking my confidence each time. 2 of my examiners weren’t very nice, didn’t introduce themselves and were rude when giving me feedback at the end. My second examiner said my driving was great and I should book another as soon as possible and was generally lovely throughout the whole test but just a shame that I made a mistake on the roundabout so she had to fail me. That gave me the confidence to do a 3rd but because I failed that I’ve lost confidence again.
It may be worth considering something like rescue remedy. It’s perfectly allowed before your test and may help to calm your nerves. Comes in a spray or even a chewing gum.
Ask your instructor about if you’re unsure but mine advised me too in the end as my nerves just got the better of me each time.

You’re more than test ready as your instructor wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) put you in for your tests if they don’t think you can pass it.
Dunndunn19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Am having the same problem mate failed my last two tests once i make a mistake its like a snowball effect 😐
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads