_Catra_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Assess the importance of plate tectonic theories in understanding plate movement (12)

For this 12 marker, I understand that I would have to explain at least three theories but how would I link it back to the question? For example, if I were to discuss slab pull, how would that actually help us understand plate movement other than plates are subducting?

Any help would be appreciated
gonzalez607
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _Catra_)
Assess the importance of plate tectonic theories in understanding plate movement (12)

For this 12 marker, I understand that I would have to explain at least three theories but how would I link it back to the question? For example, if I were to discuss slab pull, how would that actually help us understand plate movement other than plates are subducting?

Any help would be appreciated
you can talk about why subduction is important as it creates Wabati Benioff zones which is where alot of earthquakes happen. (mention that subduction happens because of convection currents and gravity)
Plate tectonic theories are also important as the help explain why traces of glaciation are found in tropical regions and vice versa, and why mountain regions exist. It also helps explain the Earth's magnetic field because of the inner core of the Earth and the metal its all made of.

Generally don't know if this is helpful at all or not geography be a hard subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads