newtt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been getting quite stressed about my GCSEs as of late. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to my revision - when should I start creating resources? I'm also horrible at sticking to schedules. I am worried that I am not paying enough attention/working hard enough in class.

Should I be revising this early? Any tips?
aoife_judge
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you in year 9?
Holly jade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by newtt)
I have been getting quite stressed about my GCSEs as of late. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to my revision - when should I start creating resources? I'm also horrible at sticking to schedules. I am worried that I am not paying enough attention/working hard enough in class.

Should I be revising this early? Any tips?
I would suggest only revising for in school tests at this point otherwise ur legit gonna be so burnt out before year 11. I’m in year 11 and most people haven’t even started revising yet and exams are in 10 weeks lol
Someonesendhelp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly I felt the same way as you but by year 10 you give up and all hope of lost so I’d say don’t do it bc there’s no literally no point
adhfdhdfhf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
GCSE's are chill, dont worry about them until year11, as long as you understand everything you are taught in year 10 you are fine!
newtt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by aoife_judge)
Are you in year 9?
yeah
quo11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know saying this probably won't help you that much, but please don't stress too much! When I was in Year 9 I was so stressed about GCSEs and exams, to the point where I literally lost my hair. I'm not saying that will happen to you but just make sure that you take time to relax and don't let the stress take over your life. I can tell you now that you don't need to be revising for your GCSEs in year 9, the only things I would recommend doing would be to keep your notes in order and maybe make some flashcards/mindmaps or something. This is just to make your life easier when you get to year 11 if you are really worried the only revision I would maybe recommend is just going through some questions over the summer before Y10 so you're on top of everything when you enter Y10. Honestly though, and I cannot stress this enough, try not to worry about revision. I started doing light revision from the beginning of Y11, I did quite a bit for Feb. mocks, then lightly revised until about Easter when I picked up again for exam season. It might not seem like a lot but I ended up getting 11A*s in my GCSEs so I guess something must have worked.

Enjoy year 9, don't worry about GCSEs for at least another year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (300)
60.61%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.85%